Microsoft XBOX ONE

The company is internally developing the technology that would enable tracking across desktop computers, tablets and smartphones running Windows, as well as the company's Xbox gaming console and services including its Internet Explorer web browser and Bing search engine
In other words, irrelevant. The overlap of Windows phones, IE users, XBox owners, and Bing searchers is not going to be substantial. Unless they're hoping that this "new technology" will be of such profound use that people suddenly switch to Bing and Windows smartphones/tablets.

284225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping this generation of video game consoles is the one generations I don't have to buy them all.

However I already have a wii-u so I am off to pretty bad start, the worst thing of all is I have only probably put in about 5 hours of game time into the wii-u.  I think in 6 months time they will start having massive sales and then I will pick them up.

Unless they're hoping that this "new technology" will be of such profound use that people suddenly switch to Bing and Windows smartphones/tablets.
Just watch - they'll add a Bing 'achievement' feature!

Been keeping up with the saga?

Recently:

Suggestions that XB1 devs struggling to get titles running at decent fps in 1080p - consequently many cross-platform titles are said to be natively 1080p or 900p on PS4, but 720p on XB1

Suggestions of pre-release review embargos, comparison video reviews in particular.

The latest XB1 fan-hitting excrement landing in dollops all over the interweb, is that the new XBL infrastructure and the OS are currently 'problematic'. Grab your popcorn, and see:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705280

situation summary post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87786946&postcount=2018

And.. suggestions that something.. unpleasant.. possibly apocalyptic (or maybe just annoying) is being kept from us, at least until after launch -

http://ejectdisk.com/rumor-according-cboat-720p-tip-iceberg-xbox-one-problems/

According to NeoGaf mod “bishoptl“, if CBOAT were to spill the beans on all the Xbox One technical issues he has shared with him via PM, the world would implode. “bishoptl” is usually the mod that bans people who post insider info without first providing him with evidence in a PM.
Kinect? Demonstrations of it's worth have been lacking. Let the guessing begin!

I believe the appropriate NeoGaf Gif here is this one:

Dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

Another thread erupted overnight -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705667

into which CBOAT (prompted by doubters) dropped the following (corrected for readability):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87879496&postcount=1597

These issues come from facts. If you dont want to hear what I present, cant help you.

Focus your ire on the people who made these decisions with regard to hardware. When the messenger is right you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

The PLAN was never for gamers. Xbox or ps or wiiu. All of us . When directives are apps fest first, power 2nd, this is not for gamers. When questions about drm/online policy are floated internally and disregarded because monetizing is job one for execs, this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features, thats not for gamers. Period.

Today, snap is broken. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fixed for launch.

Today live connect and party is broken. Fact and maybe fixed before launch.

Today esrm is a problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be gimped in comparison. This we can never change without new Hardware. Fact.

Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

no forum

no posters

not people who know and see whats wrong and want to help gamers

See you after launch.

do people still really need reason to not buy this thing? people either arent going to buy it, or dont care

Yeah they will buy it anyway and in a few months this will all have blown over. Ps4 for me, but not for some time yet.

Yeah they will buy it anyway and in a few months this will all have blown over. Ps4 for me, but not for some time yet.
Same here^

I'll take the plunge once the first price drop comes along, or some really killer games arrive, which ever comes first. Although, the Vita remote play is the biggest factor for me currently. I'll have to see how that plays out.

I have ZERO interest in the ONE currently, but that may change over time, but I doubt it.

Chris

Tax Refund time I'll debate getting a PS4.. I'll still need a must have game to push me though. As for now I just don't care enough about Next Gen systems.. All I know is I stopped giving money directly to Microsoft long time ago.

WIndows PC + Steam OS for me, backwards compatibility, huge choice of games & lower cost of ownership (total cost of hardware + software + no online monthly fee) compared to consoles are what swing it for me. There are many other factors such as steam workshop / modding communities but those are the main ones in my book.

Microsoft's co-founder Paul Allen thinks MS should 'spin off' consumer divisions (fuelling the previous speculation about shareholder calls to offload the entertainment - ie xbox - wings):

(quoted from FT, behind paywall so link pointless)

Microsoft’s next chief executive should consider spinning off consumer businesses including search advertising and the Xbox games console, according to the private investment vehicle of Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.

(...)

Speaking at the Financial Times Investment Management Summit in New York, Mr Ghaffari said the overwhelming majority of Microsoft’s earnings were generated by selling software and services to business customers.

“The search business and even Xbox, which has been a very successful product, are detracting from that. We would want them to focus on their best competencies,” he said.
Same story on Fox:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2013/11/01/should-microsoft-spin-off-consumer-business-paul-allen-thinks-so/

Vulcan Capital, the family investment office of Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, believes the new CEO should explore a spinoff of the consumer business, the Financial Times reported. The firm cited the fact that Microsoft generates the vast majority of the its earnings from selling software and services to enterprise clients.

Paul Ghaffari, who manages Vulcan Capital, said:

“My view is there are some parts of that operation they should probably spin out, get rid of, to focus on the enterprise and focus on the cloud,”

I'm just following the way it's playing out, it's been the most fascinating console launch ever.

Please stop hating on the XBOX ONE. Every single time you post links about it...it's a negative article about it.
I see no issue in posting what's being discussed about any new console.

If that's an issue find some good news and post a link in this thread so we can read that too.

Back