Microsoft XBOX ONE

^^^Fuck that! Microsoft will release a white version 12 months down the line anyways. :rolleyes: :)

Not bad. Shame the kinect is still black, though I suppose you can always leave it in the box, right?

Re CRT projector and x-rays, all CRTs produce x-rays, as do plasma screens, and SED ones, but then LCD backlights (if non-LED) do, and even common-all-garden fluorescent lamps do. Your Pandora is an x-ray emitter too.

But even if you switch go 100% LED LCD TV and switch all your light blumbs for old incandescent ones or new LED ones, the sodium public lighting lamp outside your window is also streaming x-rays through your house. All the figures talked about are a fractions of the x-rays you get for a tooth x-ray exam though, I guess just in the case of a CRT projector it's a higher power smaller scale emitter, so you could receive a significant proportion of a dose if you stayed close to it for a time while it was on and exposed.

^^^Fuck that! Microsoft will release a white version 12 months down the line anyways. :rolleyes: :)
Look at it this morning - £132,000.... either Sony's in a bidding war with Bill Gates or there's foul play..

I guess just in the case of a CRT projector it's a higher power smaller scale emitter, so you could receive a significant proportion of a dose if you stayed close to it for a time while it was on and exposed.
Looks like different manufacturers took it less seriously (even when using identical tubes) they all have the X-Ray warning label, but not all have lead shielding around the tubes.

Look at it this morning - £132,000.... either Sony's in a bidding war with Bill Gates or there's foul play..
Why either? Surely it's a couple of rich collectors? Esp' as it goes to charity
Just look at the Humble Bundle "Top Contributors" for how some people will just put money down for good causes

Just look at the Humble Bundle "Top Contributors" for how some people will just put money down for good causes
I always wonder about that.

If I had so much spare money, I'd rather give some of it directly to the schools, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had so much spare money, I'd rather give some of it directly to the schools, etc...
I'm not sure if schools are allowed to just accept money. Probably get tied up in all sorts of money laundering or bribery (if you had a child at the school for example) investigations.
That said, there's no way of knowing if they regularly donate to other things too

I think, that charity organisations are more likely into money laundering and we had some cases of corruption in these organisations here in G too, that's why I would donate it directly,

but rather in form of stuff that is actually needed and not just in form of money.

I'm not sure if schools are allowed to just accept money.
Schools are always running bake sales or chocolate drives or whatever. Even if you're right and making direct donations are a problem you can always wait for such a bake sale and buy a cookie for $10'000

Schools are always running bake sales or chocolate drives or whatever. Even if you're right and making direct donations are a problem you can always wait for such a bake sale and buy a cookie for $10'000
Absolutely. I wasn't saying "Don't give to your local school", just rather I didn't think it was that straight-forward. That said I've never actually tried.

Absolutely the most likely scenario, but in the current climate it wouldn't surprise me to find the odd console zealot thinking it was funny to spoil it.

EDIT: Foul play it was, it seems. Highest bidder has been erased and it's back to £16,300.

Absolutely the most likely scenario, but in the current climate it wouldn't surprise me to find the odd console zealot thinking it was funny to spoil it.

EDIT: Foul play it was, it seems. Highest bidder has been erased and it's back to £16,300.
yeah, still 16,300 pounds. Its just an xbox one really. Hope the owner doesent get the dreaded red ring of death... How evil would that be having spent thousands on the bloody thing.

Went into a ps4 demonstration store at the local mall yesterday. The employees had no idea about any of the questions I asked about. Which were to do with local streaming. They also weren't connected to the internet and had no apps or content to showcase the UI. I had been supporting the ps4 for a while now but I find myself wanting the xbox more now even if it is more expensive and less powerful. It just seems better as an all around machine for watching media and playing games. I think I will connect my future steambox through its HDMI.

Saw an xbox one in gamestop today. It should be playable tomorrow and im definately gonna try it out.

Visually unremarkable though, just a square black box. Not remotely inspiring.

Saw an xbox one in gamestop today. It should be playable tomorrow and im definately gonna try it out.

Visually unremarkable though, just a square black box. Not remotely inspiring.
I've seen it in person, and yeah it is very non spectacular. It does look very nice quality wise(as the OG and 360 looked very cheaply made), but MS has made the most uninspired consoles of a generation. Now the new controller is bad ass, and feels awesome in the hands. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to try it with a game, but it feels nice, and looks and feels like someone spent some time and money on its development.

Chris

Back