Microsoft XBOX ONE

X-Bone Parity Clause

It goes something like this: You can't release a game on XBone if you've already released it on another system. Also IF you plan to release it on multiple platforms (and haven't already) you have to release them all at the same time.

M$ wants this rule so they can do timed exclusives that come to XBone first and then released later on other platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=XBox+One+Parity+Clause

By trying to force the devs to make XBone exclusives, they'll lose them all.

Looks like throwing buckets of cash for exclusivity is going to be part of the strategy -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872876

"Rise of the Tomb Raider" to be XB1 exclusive - whether timed or permanently they aren't being entirely clear.
trputa.gif
First off, that GIF is one of the best I've ever seen. Classic!

If what MS is doing above is true, or is still being practice, these guys are SCUM! This is the strong arm crap that "N" used to pull during the NES era. At least they could say at the time, they single handily resurrected the industry, so they got away with more than they should have becasue of that. They where really alone in the market for the most part, but sadly the Master System couldn't compete for these same kinds of reasons.  

MS has no excuse for such nonsense when there are other players for developers to go to. The Stealth guys are releasing their newest game on the WiiU as an exclusive currently. How dumb must MS be to loose out on a game like that for such greedy reasons?

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]"By trying to force the devs to make XBone exclusives, they'll lose them all", this is exactly what is going to happen.[/SIZE]

Instead of strong arming the industry and paying funds for exclusives, they should have swallowed the bullet, and absorbed the cost of the Kinect, and lowered the price of ONE to 400 and kept the system whole. That would have gone a lot further with fans, than their current tactics are doing. I had zero plans to buy a ONE anytime soon, but as time goes on, I don't think I'll ever be getting one.

Chris

I got an xBone controller for cheap (15€, almost unused) recently, and I must say that its the best controller I used over the last several years: I have several xbox360 controllers, the WiiU Gamepad, a WiiUPro and a PS3 controller for comparison, and the one for the xBone is the best in my opinion:

It rests very comfortable in my palms, feels very well balanced, and the "pressure point" of the buttons is spot on and the "stiffer" analog controlls are a blessing for people like me, that never really got the hang of it as they grew too accustomed to use mouse and keyboard to controll a character(s FoV) in a 3D environment. Even the dpad fells better (still not great though) then the one on 360 controllers.

The only real drawback is that it needs drivers to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if the little wireless receiver I have for my 360 pad would work for a One pad?

I use a 360 for steam and wouldn't mind an upgrade ;)

Just wish they didn't still rely on AA batteries, I get through so many where I don't shut the controller off properly

Wonder if the little wireless receiver I have for my 360 pad would work for a One pad?

I guess not, but will try (but only have a chinese knockoff).
Just wish they didn't still rely on AA batteries, I get through so many where I don't shut the controller off properly
No big issue for me as I usually use a cable to connect it: Bought two Play&Charge kits for my 360 controllers, and both of them died fast after about six months of useage, so I am already used to use a wired connection. But at least it is no proprietary connector annymore > Standard MicroUSB

I guess not, but will try (but only have a chinese knockoff).
Yes, please let me know if you do test that ... I too have the Chinese knockoff version. The one that just has "360" printed on it.

Works perfectly fine with my 360 pad though so has been well worth the money. cheers

Yes, please let me know if you do test that ... I too have the Chinese knockoff version. The one that just has "360" printed on it.

Works perfectly fine with my 360 pad though so has been well worth the money. cheers
After doing some reasearch about Linux support of the xbone controller, its pretty clear that it won't work. As it appears to me, the actual protocoll isn't much different, but the xbone controller has a different communication initialisation. I tried it nevertheless and unsurprisingly it does not work.
All in all, quite sad as I have to wait for proper Linux support.

Unfortunately wired connection is not ideal for me, due to location of my PC to where I sit.

I've an HDMI cable running from my PC to the telly, which is not ideal but workable, but a cable from my PC to my sofa would be running straight through the middle of the room, and about 1m from the ground too [unless plenty slack], so I wouldn't do that for fear that someone walks into it and pulls the PC from the desk ... for now will continue caning through batteries on my 360 wireless pad :)

360 was (and still is) a great console but unfortunately Microsoft managed to epic screw the new one.

Still the X Box controller is the best game controller ever created so far, especially for FPS games.  :wub:

Didn't they do a 360 on their initial DRM policy?
You mean there are still new console games flying around that you do not have to activate online?

I thought DRM-free is completely a (small) PC thing and everywhere else it's just like with this Steam BS.

Back