Microsoft XBOX ONE

why not?  if microsoft make xboxone an open device, why not?
2pezz7.jpg

Why?  Why would I want to play PC game on Xbox One with a keyboard why I can play it on the PC itself?    It's not like Xbox one is a handheld device with a screen that let me carry out.  It makes more sense the other way around as windows 10 is doing now from Xbox one to laptop.

Since PCs have HDMI out, why don't they connect their PCs directly to the TV?
Because their PC is in one room and TV is in a different one. You don't want to move it every time you want to play a game on the big screen.

Because their PC is in one room and TV is in a different one. You don't want to move it every time you want to play a game on the big screen.
Ok, all people I know have those in the same room (granted some of those don't have more than one room anyway, just like me), but I've got a cheap 10m HDMI cable that is working fine for years and could be used this way too.

"Mods" is just a fancy word for "DLC we don't have to pay developers for but makes us money anyway", it's still a walled garden. Gaming is a fickle hobby these days anyway, the likes of Counter Strike couldn't blossom in this climate. By the time a game is cheap enough for me to not be offended by the price the whole online community has moved on, so unless it's a solid single player or co-op experience we're getting mods for ( unlikely but not impossible ) then what's the point? By the time anyone's polished a mod for any console game- it'll be obsolete!

But maybe, just maybe, that will extend the shelf life of these games? Since publishers want to farm you for money with ++ every 6 months... Seems against their best interests.

I'm very PC Master Race these days and nothing I've seen on the Xbox One or PS4 has convinced me they are worth buying. The laughable sycophantic circus that was E3, which I summarised through Matt Lees abridged series, has pretty much put me off consoles for good.

Incidentally I tested the Alienware Alpha and it was fantastic apart from the total lack of a decent console-like GUI for PCs. Steam is great if you only ever want to play Steam games- but that's all of the awesome GOG catalog excluded right there!

I still love my Dreamcasts <3

Ok, all people I know have those in the same room (granted some of those don't have more than one room anyway, just like me), but I've got a cheap 10m HDMI cable that is working fine for years and could be used this way too.
They could run a long cable. This would involve finding such a cable and running it in such a way to make it not a problem for people walking around. This is something that someone who already really wants to connect their PC to their TV may do, but it's not something Joe Everyman would bother doing.Or they could just load an app on the console that they already have connected. This is something so simple that even if they never wanted to play PC games on their big TV before they would have no problem giving it a try now.

Really? With the exception of my parents, I don't know anyone who keeps their (or "a") computer in the same room as the TV. Most computers tend to be upstairs in home-offices/bedrooms, whilst TVs downstairs in the living room.
One of the reasons I bought a REVO for behind the TV; though it's a bit underpowered, so might upgrade it to a new i5 NUC

I see some uses for that kind of streaming... however you are still using a Microsoft product so... yeah...

why not?  if microsoft make xboxone an open device, why not?
Why?  Why would I want to play PC game on Xbox One with a keyboard why I can play it on the PC itself?    It's not like Xbox one is a handheld device with a screen that let me carry out.  It makes more sense the other way around as windows 10 is doing now from Xbox one to laptop.
Choice. Options. Optional.

nVIDIA Shield Android TV console :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey does anyone here have an XBOX ONE? I just want to see how this "putting XBOX ONE games onto your external HDD" thing works...and if works well.

If all good...then I wonder why Sony hasn't yet implemented the same deal with PS4?

Hey does anyone here have an XBOX ONE? I just want to see how this "putting XBOX ONE games onto your external HDD" thing works...and if works well.If all good...then I wonder why Sony hasn't yet implemented the same deal with PS4?
Sounds like a good idea. No xbox 1 here though.

Back