Mobile Phone Games And Flash Games

me2007

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey Gamers

Been reading thru this whole forum for a week now , thanx for the info so i can get started when i purchase
my own GP2x next week. (counting the days,seconds,minutes hehehe)

Just getting everything ready i need when it arrives, i already had all the roms and now i have all the emus.

Big Arcade fan here from back in the 80's and of course all the classic consoles.

So back on Topic.

Does anyone know if there is any emus being developed to run .jar files (you know JAVA games) on the GP2x
or a port of Midp2Exe as i've searched everywhere with no luck ?

and

Is there any development happenin on getting .swf (you know FLASH games) to run on the GP2x ?

Anyway, nice to be part of this community now and hope to contribute something in the near future to
the development of what should be the greatest handheld console ever bar none.

Thanx

gp32_console

me2007 said:
Does anyone know if there is any emus being developed to run .jar files (you know JAVA games) on the GP2x
or a port of Midp2Exe as i've searched everywhere with no luck ?
Well, there is already a Java Runtime which you can use to run Java, no mobile games, AWT, SWT or SWING, though!
Some time ago I talked to Fungostar (he brought Java to the GP2x) about this and doing a J2ME emulator for gbax2007. We both agree that it is feasible and that the emulator should run with decent speed. The catch here: it would require significant working hours which I'm not prepared to invest with the Java hate running circles here and Fungo just doesn't have the time to do it.
So, if there's no one else to start working on it, no, there won't be any mobile games on the GP2x anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K thanks alot for replying.

So, now i can stop searchin for a mobile phone game emulator ( Damn , would luv to have seen all these mobile games running, especially considering the flip screen thing the gp2x can do )

I appreciate the time and effort that goes into developing all these emulators, especially when working on one from scratch ( sounds like a nightmare of work), maybe one day N-CAGE games on GP3x.

I knew i should have gone to school more often , it would of come in handy about now hehehe (bloody distracting girls)

What about PC FLASH games or maybe ipb pro arcade emulation (would luv bloody pingu on a handheld, that would be a blast), are they
a don't bother searching aswell ?

Looks like I'm dreaming on these being emulated

Thanx

There's a flash player out there, but I didn't hear about anyone playing any games on it. Anyways, the GP2X has a lot of native games more or less inspired by popular flash games, so you'll find a lot of good stuff that will interest you in the archives.

No Worries, Thanx for the heads up on these, gone thru the archives and picked some out already, so all thats left now is another 50 bucks for the
adaptor etc, and i'll be testing all these out

Bring on the GP2x Yeah !!!

Back