Mock Of Menu System

(naw)mcx

Rotary Wombat
Website
www.godlikemcx.deviantart.com
mockup482.jpg

Quick and VERY nasty mock up of a possible pandora menusystem, that uses the analoge stick to navigate.

You should see how it works, but if it really aint apparent, just ask!

Mmh? you could make some nice eyecandy on top of this, but I think 'keep it simple' wins in the long-term (i.e. max. one day :p )
Lots of wasted space (could be used to display battery power, SD card space, time/date, internet connectivity status... though)
And, remember this thing has a touchscreen, too.

IMO Radial meny is possible only for quick navigation. For examle in Main menu you touch left stick - Semi transpareny radial icons popup. Fully customizeable. For example something like your favourite emus or so. It would be cool. But only for quick launch.

Something like that. Sorry for quality - done in 1 min.

oVsTVuFWH8.png

It looks nice, but not comfortable. I'd prefer something more traditional, something like the thing we're getting.

fischju said:
http://forum.openpandora.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=160

But that's not how I see the radial menu concept. IMO it's better suited (for general use, not for cool factor) to be a quick launch bar. You just point in the direction and off you go. Or like task manager. But not like the main menu... Yes, you can make it work. But IMO it;s better that way.

Here's my idea for what it should look like.
It should be fully usable by the use of the touchscreen (finger and stylus), and the direction/joy pads including the L and R shoulder buttons. I did the mock-up fairly quickly, so I missed out on adding a battery indicator and other key indicator icons.

pandoraloading.png

pandoraloaded.png

PandoramainUI.png

PandoraOpenWindow.png

I used some quick resources, icons from interfacelift.com and wallpaper from Geekpedia.com.

iJeff said:
I quite like yours except for two things: What's with the little gray space at the end of the menu bar at the bottom? Two, that font is a little weird, all the letters seem to be differently sized (but I guess this is an easy fix :p).

Amnesiasoft said:
iJeff said:
I quite like yours except for two things: What's with the little gray space at the end of the menu bar at the bottom? Two, that font is a little weird, all the letters seem to be differently sized (but I guess this is an easy fix :p).

Oh, I wasn't too sure what to put there, but I was thinking of sectioning off a windows list or maybe the date and time in the corner. The font is Helvetica Neue and yes, it is weird lol. I've become accustomed to using it all the time, but yes it's an easy change/fix.

The icons should be a little smaller. I realize that it's a small screen, but this is still a little big

Kyosys said:
The icons should be a little smaller. I realize that it's a small screen, but this is still a little big

I was thinking that the bottom quick bar would have a show/hide option whenever you either press an on-screen button or hit the L/R shoulder buttons.

People - if this (or any other of the mock-up interfaces) actually gets build, surely details like the font, icons, colours, etc. will all be configurable?

Back