GP32 Mode7 Driving Game Engine W.i.p

! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in backgrounds\background2.tga. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in backgrounds\background3.tga. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in backgrounds\background5.tga. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in backgrounds\sky.tga. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in DazFodder.exe. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in libpng1.dll. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Brenda\Desktop\DazEngine.zip: CRC failed in SDL.dll. The file is corrupt

lol my mom's laptop couldn't extract them *winrar* nor would XP extract them too

it doesn't matter wheither it is in the same dir as the axtracting ocation with ZIPs, your Zip was compress corruptly. Just rezip and upload it *maybe upload corrupted it*

lol seen it is already done
Nice game, i duno if it is mode 7 or just the textures, but at certain angles *duno with trees* the house's texture gets distorted*if you are right next to it* or dissapears *depend on how much of a angle facing house*

The car handles like an offroad car, may i suggest more time inbetwee going in reverse and forward, and vice versa? due to i trie the backup spin and then turn and go forward thing, i can pull it off if i turn back normalley *down right or left* and then hit *right or left* then forward, but with more drift towards the back and front when you are going a dir would be good without such tactics *picky il things*

maybe as a joke sound, if you want to demo sound in it, put that littlesoundclick from the insanty test XD

I really wouldn't judge the driving model from that demo.. There is a huge amount of tweaks to do before I would even consider passing that off as the way a car handles :)

Judging from the previous thread, I will be making an on-road game. As a few more people requested that, but I may make some off-road elements or subtracks because it was so close.

is t going to be off-road like 4-wheeler offroad or offroad like Rally races seen in GrandTorismo3*sp*

you should at least try to have an on road track or two, in which you had tract specific resistance and such *more complicated, but in the end, if you make a thing to make tracks, more tracks can be made, plus diversity never killed anyone... well except segrigationalists*

and i was just suggesting stuff, i know primitive engine, but even the prototype needs critisism

Thanks for the demo. Its nice to see and hear so closely how projects like this are progressing.

Looking forward to hearing more news about this game/engine and cant wait to see it working on my GP.

Keep up the good work. :)

damn good job!
just add a little more dirft and build a demo course we can race on, and do some neat turns, and yes, there is a slite sprite problem , and we need a dashboard i think, with working speedometer, and we need differant resistances in differant terains
sry, i know thats a lot, but take your time, we all love the fact that ur makin a game
Luck and congrats,

~Octavious

It's a very good engine. Some people (better, some lammers) say also that the code is not yours... but as I've said them, if you use GPL code, there is no problem (the only thing is that you will publish the sources when the project is finished).

Yours,

PD: One of my favorite games is Road & Track: The Need for Speed. :lol:

just tried the PC demo, it's gonna be pretty nice if you pull this off on the GP32. we really need a good racing game. and seeing as the track can only be flat, it would probably turn out nicer as a track racing game. (maybe even an urban environment is possible)

I think this looks great. Will there be a track level editor?? That way people can create their own levels and post them on here? (or even a car editor for handling vs. speed etc..)

seryu posted on Mar 10 2004 at 07:24 AM said:
Then is GPL? :huh:
engrish?

GPL i think stands for GNU Public Liscense, meaning it's Opensource and noone can offer money for the program itself, other than services. Although thoes services could include downloading them *download charge, XD* basically it's the license that protects all opensource projects.

*GNU stands for GNU *is* Not Unix or somtin*

Last edited by a moderator:
jegHegy posted on Mar 10 2004 at 09:21 AM said:
ThndrShk2k needs to read the GPL again.
prolly, but i got it right right? GPL= Gnu Public License or somtin

actually never read it in the first place :p

xenon_soft posted on Mar 10 2004 at 08:40 AM said:
It's a very good engine. Some people (better, some lammers) say also that the code is not yours... but as I've said them, if you use GPL code, there is no problem (the only thing is that you will publish the sources when the project is finished).

Yours,

PD: One of my favorite games is Road & Track: The Need for Speed. :lol:
I hate to see this in a community I have belonged to for a long time. There is so much paranoia about whether projects are real, or whether they will be finished, or if the sources will be released...

I am one of you guys.. I noticed the lack of driving games so I set about filling that hole with the little coding skills that I have learned through my time as a technical games artist.

Of course the code will be released when i feel it is worthwhile to the community. I am not a great commenter, but I have been commenting my code especially for this very purpose.

Having said that, the only GPL code I have used is a sll math include, everything else has come from hard work and research, something a lot of people are afraid of, and they are the people who like to throw around accusations.

Back