More boards, more software (2011 - 01 - 24)

In that case, where did the idea that Batch 1 would be done for about now come from? Where does this end? It's getting to be like some sort of joke - a very badly executed one. As I've said before, I ordered when they were a single month off shipping, and that was nearly nine months ago, now. As a member of the community, I really want to be understanding and nice about it, but as a customer - which, at the end of the day, I am - I really want what I payed for. If this wasn't a small company that had been having trouble, I'd be taking OPT to court about now. And as far as what I've just read this evening goes, I'm getting truly worried: a thousand cancellations? That's ~£340,000, enough to knock the whole project into the Bottomless Ditch. Which makes me want to ask me for a refund myself, right now, before OPT bankrupts, taking my student loan with them.

In all, this is bad. What's going to happen now? We're going to get our Pandoras, hopefully. But when it gets to 12 May and I haven't got my Pandora... well, I might become huge and green.

Remember that those 1000 cancellations all happened over the course of, say, two years. They've essentially had preorders open the whole time, so it's been filling up again. At one point ED said he had a list of people waiting to get onto his queue. But yes, things like these new updates do make me we wonder about the overall financial soundness of OPT's future.

^ don't mean to be rude, but can batch 2 people please zip-it until batch 1 is done?

kthnx :)

Have to agree. And I, myself, am in batch2.

But wait - what did you mean zip-it?

Did you mean "Do not say a single word about anything at all"? If that's the case(which I doubt), -you- should zip-it.

But if you mean, "Batch2 people should not ask about their place in the global queue", you're absolutely right. Batch1 orderers have been waiting through the crap after paying their money(Some of us in batch2 have been watching since the beginning (like me) but have not parted with money - likely because they didn't have enough (also like me - I'd never !seen! AUD$400 in cash before I ordered!). The least we can do is not irritate those in Batch1, and wait the Two Months, tops, until all of batch1 are out - which is WHAT WILL HAPPEN. There shall NOT be any more delays. It's not allowed. I'm sure it would violate some law of the universe.

Not that I mean any offence to mmielke, by saying any of this - nobody deliberately tried to bother anyone here :) .

I think we can safely say that all places in batch1 are FILLED. There is no money that OPT have payed out that has not been replenished. Otherwise, there would be nobody in batch2, which there is. They'd have already moved people from batch2 into batch1. Please please don't prove me wrong(well, do, if it's true - but i'm hoping it's not)

Jacquelyn is definately part of the OPT - her name should be on the battery cover too(erm, please don't flame for the cursed '2', but how about her name IS added to the battery cover for batch2? As well as the rest - http://open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=11&lang=en), imo - she has done a lot of work too - and I can bet she's had to put up with as much crap as the rest (you know those haters we sometimes see on the forums, bragging about how good their PSP/Wiz/Caanoo, etc is? I can bet they probably spam email too).

So close!!!

I'm inbetween 1600 - 1700 and looking forward to doing some development.

Ahhh. Well as long as I get it by August.

I wish I were sure I'd get it much sooner than that... Being in the 2400's it should do, but who knows... Anyway, the status page being updated sometimes is both a great thing (no other company is that much transparent) and a source of frustration : I already wish I could read that OP#2500 has been sent...

Well, I'm waiting for this wonderful toy, as us all :)

Any more news?

Statuspage says about 1600 produced so far... it was updated a week ago from now.

I'm in desperate need of visualizing a cue in front of me, a que that is moving forward.

I don't know how useful que numbers are because of all of the variables, but you can tell progress is being made because new people are getting their Pandoras and posting pictures and their impressions here quite regularly. So things are moving along...

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more news?

Statuspage says about 1600 produced so far... it was updated a week ago from now.
i got the impression that it was more efficient for them to build in batches of (say) 300 over 3 days than try for 100 each day, which is why the deliveries come in clumps (and the production and dispatch are from different sites too). I didn't see anyone claim to receive a unit over the past 4 days - hoping there is some movement in this very soon!

Any more news?

I'm in desperate need of visualizing a cue in front of me, a que that is moving forward.
For me, this thread was a surprisingly accurate estimation of how many people were in the queue in front of me. Unfortunately, you can't make the same estimate with Craigs order numbers. The German numbers do show progress being made in the queue (for every order number increment on the German boards three Pandoras are sent out by Craig).

Keep in mind, the order numbers in that thread give a pessimistic estimate of the progress being made as there are plenty of people who don't post their order number.

Any more news?

For me, this thread was a surprisingly accurate estimation of how many people were in the queue in front of me. Unfortunately, you can't make the same estimate with Craigs order numbers. The German numbers do show progress being made in the queue (for every order number increment on the German boards three Pandoras are sent out by Craig).

Keep in mind, the order numbers in that thread give a pessimistic estimate of the progress being made as there are plenty of people who don't post their order number.

Hehe, I wasn't trying to request how many is in front of me. I want to know how production is going. All I want is to imagine a crowd of people in a que, moving forward. Right now, all I can imagine is a que of people standing still. The momentum is key for my visualisation, not the length of the que.

Hehe, I wasn't trying to request how many is in front of me. I want to know how production is going. All I want is to imagine a crowd of people in a que, moving forward. Right now, all I can imagine is a que of people standing still. The momentum is key for my visualisation, not the length of the que.
The thread I linked indicates that a whole bunch of EDs customers received their unit last week. From this you can defer that a three times larger number of Craigs customers did the same. I.e. last week at least 30 people receiver their unit from ED, so at least 120 units need to have shipped.

Stuff is still moving, don't worry. Craig twittered another 200 units will be built this week. I did some simple calculations in January to compute when my unit would arrive based on Craigs twitters and the progress on aforementioned thread. So far, Craig has been pretty accurate. My unit arrived only half a week later than I expected (delayed in transport).

So close!!!

Depends on how many ship, I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,150-1,250 and I'm still waiting and have no e-mail.

The same for me. And is horrible to dont see any news, and nobody posting "i get my email" per days... cause can mean many things as they have more problems that we know, or that they are selling all like premiums and the most that are reciving the pandora premiums werent in queue and they dont care in the forum, or simply... that the people are too happy to post anything :p i will post when i get the email.

And for the team, i would preffer that you update the state in the website, that answer to each one that will recive the pandora soon :)

Again, excuse my crap english that is so espanish

Acording to the estimation, EvilDragen gave me about 2 weeks ago, there are only about 200 Units on the "que"

from EvilDragon until i get mie unit..

So close!!!

Depends on how many ship, I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,150-1,250 and I'm still waiting and have no e-mail.

The same for me. And is horrible to dont see any news, and nobody posting "i get my email" per days... cause can mean many things as they have more problems that we know, or that they are selling all like premiums and the most that are reciving the pandora premiums werent in queue and they dont care in the forum, or simply... that the people are too happy to post anything :p i will post when i get the email.

And for the team, i would preffer that you update the state in the website, that answer to each one that will recive the pandora soon :)

Again, excuse my crap english that is so espanish

I don't think anyone here will be critical of your English. As long as we get the general idea of what you are trying to say, it is fine.

But posting when each person will get their pandora's (ETA's) will be a bit extensive (lengthy). Just an ETA of the next expected completion date of the next batch, or what is holding up production will be fine with me.

Back