More Issues - Torrents

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey again guys.

I downloaded some software via a torrent (don't ask) but it came in a .bin file, with a .cue file.

How the hell do i get the program out?

Thanks again

have you tried deamon tools i dont think the cue file means much at all. all you need to do is select the bin and it becomes virtual drive.

"There is a problem reading a file from the CD

The CD may be dirty or damaged

Please clean the CD and try again"

:(

That's a cd/dvd image file that needs to be written to a cd/dvd.
How big is the file?
under 700Mb it's a cd, over & it's a dvd.
Use a program like alcohol to write it, or some other cd/dvd software that supports bin & cue files :)

EDIT: Sorry, posted a little too late again lol

purple_goat said:
re-download, mount with daemon tools
It took 3 days to download on this crappy connection...

Last edited by a moderator:
if it doesn't mount the image with daemon tools, it's probably damaged. I never got that error with an image though. Then again, I am pretty drunk right now... And I will pursue my goal to pass out before 1 o'clock nighttime further any moment. Are you sure that you are using the latest release of daemon tools?

Well, I downloaded a different torrent of the same program, and this time it was an .iso . However, even when I mount it with Daemon tools, I still get the same error message. What could be wrong?

There might be some corruption, get your torrent client to force a re-check on it. If that's all ok, then try un-mounting and remounting a few times in daemon tools. And finally, if that doesn't work, open the .iso in a program that could open it, winrar can, extract the files out somewhere, then install and crack or whatever.

It could be copy-protected, I don't know what daemon-tools does when it finds that. Alcohol is a virtual drive thingy with support for some copy protection, so you could try that. Alcohol 56% does virtual drives, 120% does virtual drives and burning. Both have a free trial.

Daemon Tools handles copy protection with no problem. And with bin/cue and iso files, not much copy protection can be implemented.

I'm downloading the third torrent. If this doesn't work, I'm actually going to have to buy the software...

purple_goat said:
Nova said:
I'm downloading the third torrent. If this doesn't work, I'm actually going to have to buy the software...
8 bucks gonna kill ya huh?

I reckon it's vista pissing me about, but 8 dollars eh? I'll check the rws site...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry about dtools, Downlaod ISOBuster and open the image file in that, extract the files you want from the image then install them from wherever you have extracted them to.

http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

also make sure your torrent file has downlaoded 100% before you try and open it with anything as you will just get an error message if you try and open it when its incomplete

Back