More Of The New Gp2x!

If the only improvements are the 4 way buttons and a touchscreen, there is no real incentive to update. Is the tv out now 320x240 pixels (or 640x480?); otherwise, again, no real incentive. You can put a real D-pad in your GP2x, you can spray paint it white; touchscreen is a pain (I have a DS, hate the touchscreen element of it).

bacteria said:
If the only improvements are the 4 way buttons and a touchscreen, there is no real incentive to update. Is the tv out now 320x240 pixels (or 640x480?); otherwise, again, no real incentive. You can put a real D-pad in your GP2x, you can spray paint it white; touchscreen is a pain (I have a DS, hate the touchscreen element of it).
I can't understand why you would hate the touchscreen. It adds so much to gameplay!

Last edited by a moderator:
the new fimvare suport sdhc cards so finnelege

gph have addid it to the firmvare :rolleyes:

from site

Support for SD / SDHC upto 32GB

50$ shipping to the united states, looks like i'll be waiting for play-asia to get them in stock ... hopefully it won't be too far behind when craigix starts shipping ;)

any leads on other united states distributors?

Craigix: are you going to be shipping them inside another box? or just a bubble wrap envelope? the last couple of items I have bought from you arrived in a mangled state by the time they made it to AU.

Also are they going to fix the deep dir pad problem on the pre orders or are they planning to fix that later like an f-200 mkII or something?

I am this close from placing an order just need some clarification on these two issues. :)

Iorgy77 said:
Craigix: are you going to be shipping them inside another box? or just a bubble wrap envelope? the last couple of items I have bought from you arrived in a mangled state by the time they made it to AU.

Also are they going to fix the deep dir pad problem on the pre orders or are they planning to fix that later like an f-200 mkII or something?

I am this close from placing an order just need some clarification on these two issues. :)
I will make d-pad cap mods to fix GPH's duff design ;)

argor said:

from site

Speaking of that, does anyone know if there will be an update for F-100s to allow SDHC or will this end up being an exclusive feature to the F-200 firmware?

Mr. Ksoft said:
argor said:

from site

Speaking of that, does anyone know if there will be an update for F-100s to allow SDHC or will this end up being an exclusive feature to the F-200 firmware?

I think open2x will support SDHC.

The white menu on the left of the site doesn't look right against the background, and i'd definitely remove the black bit at the bottom of the site.

bacteria said:
If the only improvements are the 4 way buttons and a touchscreen, there is no real incentive to update.
It also has a new, better audio amp which makes it louder and better sounding :)

Last edited:
craigix said:
You can currently just patch the F100 to use SDHC.
Not compatible with all SDHC cards tho...!

I will probably get one, just so I can have the option of TV-out .. I'm pretty sure my F100 TV-out port is just busted (after trying 3 or 4 TV-out cables.)

Anyone know if the TV-out port is actually stable on this one? :) We'll see after a few people get them .. god, I have way too many gadgets. I need to sell some old ones off.

Besides, a lot easier to add touchscreen support to the ST emu when its sitting in your grubby hands :p But depends how expensive .. I've not even looked at the price yet. *fear*

jeff

sixela said:
Not compatible with all SDHC cards tho...!
Nor will GPH's firmware be. You seriously think they have written the driver themselves? I would bet money that they've just ripped it straight from the Open2x tree.

Back