Most unexpected use for your Pandora?

NoeleyC

For me it's Comix, never really tried (or really had any massive inclination to either!)to read graphic novels on a computer screen, but I find the Pandora screen the right size for this, and scrolling down to read a page isn't that far removed from what I'd do with a paper copy in my hand! :)

Reprogramming the IP addresses of network door access control boxes. They normally are somewhere stupid involving me sticking my head up into the roof ala Aliens style *shudder*

Running the technical scuba diving decompression planner "ProPlanner" via Dosbox.

The ability to run full decompression schedules from Pandora on Air, Nitrox or Trimix, with a 10 hour battery life and "Proper" keyboard is excellent, especially for expeditions without power where I like to save my mobile battery for calls. (I can run deco software in Iphone too, but the battery dies after a day or two.)

Only wish was that the modern V-Planner would work too. One day maybe!

/C_S

Last edited by a moderator:
As a remote control for my Media Centre PC. It's just so much more convenient than dealing with the full wireless keyboard and mouse. Especially since I seem to have discovered the edge of the wireless range for those devices while attempting to use them for their intended purpose.

Some very cool posts! I'll repost this from Torpor's Flipclock thread on GP32X.

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get a CCTV camera to save timed still shots to SD card.

The handiest tool in the kit has been my Pandora, for quick checking of SD contents, and running Flipclock to monitor when shots were being taken. :) The engineer I'm working with thought it was great.

jyACg.jpg

If I'd had a USB ethernet adapter at the time, I would have used it to SSH into the camera as well. (Suffice to say I have one now...)

A good variety of answers so far, each far more interesting then my own!! :p

None so far, then again I spent two years imagining how I could use the device.

I never expected I use it quite regulary to charge my phone via usb :D

This, I have done too! "Darn, the battery is going again. Well, let's plug it into the Pandora until I get to an outlet"

New one today... Stopped me from committing brainicide in a boring meeting today!

I never expected I use it quite regulary to charge my phone via usb :D

This, I have done too! "Darn, the battery is going again. Well, let's plug it into the Pandora until I get to an outlet"

Does this mean the OP team should remarket the Pandora as an external battery with gaming controls?? :p

Well not really because when Im chargeing my phone Im doing other stuff like gaming (but thats hardly unexpected)

My most unexpected use was as a music player. The headphone output is really superb. When I left my Pandora at home today and had to use my Palm Pre for music instead, the same album on the same headphones just sounded so terribly flat.

Flower Press :lol:

im still playing and exploring - getting accustomed to it, so nothing extra ordianry yet. wrote a html file that says hello world (classic) - gonna try out that ftp app i found on the pandora wiki, se how that all works

i just used it to post that i have six staples in my head.... that was unexpected lol

Today I used my pandora as a gateway for installing archlinux on a laptop without a NIC.

I simply set up a usb-network between the computer and the pandora. I planned to set up an NAT-gateway using iptables, but since the iptables modules are missing (please include them in future releases!) I had to find another solution. And squid seemed like overkill (have got no experience with it either) The solution i found was to make an SSH-tunnel to the pandora, directed at an archlinux-mirror, with the system configured to use localhost as a mirror. It worked like a charm! :)

I use it as a mobile jukebox, and use the touch screen to draw battle drills for my team.

Oh and pocket PC of course...like right now.

I could use a whiteboard, but screw that.

Back