Screen Brightness For Pandora

/\ threadpwn.
also the SP came in 2 iterations of lighting, the backlight and a front light version. i believe they switched over around the time the micro was released.

yeah I recall the newer SP's that had it possible to switch lighting brightnesses in about 3-4 settings compared to the old SP(I own 2 of those models, which had On Vs Off). But how would you explain the light bar at the top behind the black flap? is it an optical illusion ar what? I have taken it apart before(spray painted the shell) and I do not recall one though.

EvilDragon said:
Yep. Don't want to know how much a 800x480 OLED screen would cost :eek:
I've been doing some calculations and I think that i've worked it out.

bin-dive.jpg

or to put it into popular terms.

arm_leg_first_born.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Yep. Don't want to know how much a 800x480 OLED screen would cost :eek:
But you would save the money for a Backlight-System. :D

Seriously, the OLED makers sayed, that these Technology will be very cheep "soon"...and this was 2 Years ago I think. So where are all the Cheap OLED's ? Why it is still that expencive?

Last edited by a moderator:
OLED screens are cool, but you cant see them in sunight easily. Most cellphones these days use OLED screens, so there are plenty of cheap small ones. It is the bigger ones that are problematic. Besides, no one had figured out how to keep OLEDs from rotting into uselesness after 5 years or less, depending on how much it is used. So until they figure that out, no OLED. If there ever is a Pandora 2, I would prefer a tranflective screen like the Iphone, but it is not that important to me. If I am outside, what am I doing playing a game console? :p

Ideally a CG-Silicon Transflective LCD would be best. Sharp is apparently the industry leader. :)

Back