Pandora Screen Brightness

Shock-Socks

Still Fresh
Just a quick question, how bright will the maximum screen brightness for the pandora be compared to like the max screen brightness of a DS lite?
also, how well will you be able to see the screen, with full brightness, in direct sunlight? maby some pictures or a video would be helpful, i'm sure i'm not the only one that is interested in this.

This is some footage Craigix uploaded that includes a prototype Pandora running outside.

Aethix said:

This is some footage Craigix uploaded that includes a prototype Pandora running outside.

thanks but i've already seen this, my question is is that the maximum brightness, and i'd still really like a comparison between the max screen brightness of the pandora and the max screen brightness of the DS lite

Last edited by a moderator:
The wiki FAQ article says it uses the same LCD as the Archos 605 media player. I don't know how good the display is, but people have probably reviewed it as part of the 605.

This review of the 605 says the screen is hard to look at when the sunlight is too intense

This one says there is some glare and washout in direct sunlight but is good in all other conditions.

This one says it's colors and sharpness are well contrasted even under direct sunlight.

This one says color, motion, and viewing angles are excellent - only under direct sunlight does preformance begin to suffer.

I was bored...

MonkeyChops said:
This review of the 605 says the screen is hard to look at when the sunlight is too intense

This one says there is some glare and washout in direct sunlight but is good in all other conditions.

This one says it's colors and sharpness are well contrasted even under direct sunlight.

This one says color, motion, and viewing angles are excellent - only under direct sunlight does preformance begin to suffer.

I was bored...

thank you, i had done some side research on my own but i couldn't find anything like this. thanks

oh so now i think we need to figure out how to enable the pandora to project a moon or at least block out the sun rays so we can play around w/o glare

DaMummy said:
oh so now i think we need to figure out how to enable the pandora to project a moon or at least block out the sun rays so we can play around w/o glare
Problem solved

Back