Mould Creation Time

keaft said:
greendots said:
If its not out this year I think OP will be loosing a lot of pre-orders.

and they are all foolish.

Agreed. You're an idiot if you back out now. Just wait and see.. What's the point of going back now? Just leave the forums and forget about it if it aggitates you that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
RoboShmup said:
Now now, I wouldn't go as far as calling someone an idiot for backing out. There are valid reasons to cancel a preorder, such as extreme poverty or death (or losing interest, that's a valid reason).

That would be true, however with the rise in impatience, I don't believe any of the options to be feasible to the preorders thus far..

..But you are right though.

Not having any photos has definately started my paranoia. My company works with several manufacturing partners who will send pictures of anything you like as long as its not another customers production line or boards. But information has always been lacking in some areas for a so called 'community' project, guess it will remain like this until the very end.

Guess we have to keep the faith.

As of me.. there's so much time passed, that I basically forgot that I payed something here xD Just stop complaining, relax, and do other stuff. Eventually there will be a Pandora at you doorsteps.

we paid the money we made the choice so just chill out just think about all that pandora goodnees you will have 1 of only 4000 in the world till the second batch that is

craigix said:
I'm starting to suspect this is nothing but an elaborate scam ala Gizmondo, Bernie Madoff and that guy who sold the Iiffel Tower.

AHAH! I thought as much. gruso - an update for the Unofficial Blog! And everyone rush to the banks...

Iiffel Tower? Is that one that wobbles so much you feel sick and vomit off the top of it?

We did ask for photos several times, we didn't get any. Remember it's up to the manufacturing company if they want to take photos on their factory floor, if they don't there is nothing we can do. They almost certainly have other projects going on there which 1) will most likely be much bigger than pandora and 2) might not like photos being taken.

We did get some photos of the TV cables though.

craigix said:
We did ask for photos several times, we didn't get any. Remember it's up to the manufacturing company if they want to take photos on their factory floor, if they don't there is nothing we can do. They almost certainly have other projects going on there which 1) will most likely be much bigger than pandora and 2) might not like photos being taken.

We did get some photos of the TV cables though.

Are they the final ones? Where are the pics?

So the company that's in charge of cases doesn't give you any status on current developments? Bastards.. ;)

I'm sure the Pandora would be a success, but, lets be honest, Craigix (i assume amusing) last post has got me worried.

Tv- Out Cables? the final Ones? or just the plain PCB we always see?

crazyhorse said:
I'm sure the Pandora would be a success, but, lets be honest, Craigix (i assume amusing) last post has got me worried.

What are you worried about? If this was some kind of highly elaborate scam it would be a pretty bad one on the grounds that you all know what we look like, our real names, our websites, our addresses and the fact we would throw our whole businesses away just for a small amount of money once shared out.

Rather than just working hard and establishing a long lasting open source handheld company with a good community.

crazyhorse said:

The one where he can't spell "Awful Tower" or the one where he says that the case manufacturer does not beleive in the old phrase "the customer is always right" and refses to take photos or give reasons for such failure to comply with a customers desire, even in these hard financial times when most companies are happy to be servicing paying clients at all?

Or maybe the bit where he says "..but we HAVE got photos of this other part. I'm just not gonna show YOU!"?

I think Craig is a reincarnation of Robin Goodfellow - or, perhaps, he's just changed his name. Either way, he's a bit of a prankster who should not IMHO be taken TOO seriously - or literally.

Good logic There Craigix, are the pictures for the TV cables already online or are you guys still working on that? We always love pictures!

craigix said:
crazyhorse said:

What are you worried about? If this was some kind of highly elaborate scam it would be a pretty bad one on the grounds that you all know what we look like, our real names, our websites, our addresses and the fact we would throw our whole businesses away just for a small amount of money once shared out.

Rather than just working hard and establishing a long lasting open source handheld company with a good community.

Just to say, nearly everyone one of us preorderers is on your side Craig and Team. There's always a few who complain about everything like this hot coffee is too hot or this extended edition movie is too long.

As for pictures of TV out cables and mould production, I am in the camp of followers known as "the holy order of who gives a sh.t". I know what TV out cables look like and I can imagine what a black pandora case looks like. I even can figure out how an emulator will work on a pandora in a video. Some like the details but the final product is my only interest as it should be.

craigix said:
crazyhorse said:

To a TRUE conspiracy theorist, that's no defence at all! You relaly need some tin-foil-hat training!

Let's ignore the possibility that you're all REALLY much better at 3D modleling and rendering than you've let on, and that all the "evidence" so far is actually just renders, as being a step too far and improbable even for most conspiracy theorists. We'll ignore the possibility that Pickle is another ID of yours (and other devs are also clone accounts here operated by just a handful of cor eOpenPandora members).

Let's ignore that you actually GAVE MONEY BACK as evidence of honesty (esp. since that's also a proven ploy of con artists anyway) and that we've witnessed the same economic meltdown that you've mentioned in "The Fall and Fall of Pandora"...

I reckon a true conspiracy theorist wouldn't even need to bother with any of that to be concerned. He (or she) would simply say "What 'small amount' of money?". Because, you see, any and all projections of how much money you've received come from what you guys have said. if you WERE con artists, and had (say) 3-4 million prepaid customers instead of 4-5 thousand, we wouldn't necessarily know any better. Esp. if most of them are so clueless that they can't copy downloaded files onto an SD card (as I've seen suggested elsewhere).

It's a bit like the age-old question "Is there a God?". There's no definitive PROOF, and there won't be unless/until he comes down and has a chat with us (and can verify his age and capabilities beyond scientific doubt). So for the time being people go on faith - belief that there is a god, or that there isn't, that there are many or that she isn't a bloke at all.

So, I believe, it is with Pandora. Until there are a siginificant number out there - enough that it would be implausible to create that many realistic videos of people using the thing - it's a matter of trust. We either trust that our money was well spent, or we don't. There is a broad middle line where we HOPE that our money is well spent but, IMHO, that line is a closer shade to "trust" than it is to "run away, run away, we're being fleeced!".

Until dispatch day at least, there's nothing to reassure the unbelievers :(

Back