Mouse On Gp2x

ak_

Still Fresh
Website
www.wopah.com
Hi, i just got my GP2X (MK2, firmware 2.11) and my USB Host Cable from artaylor.co.uk (he had one retractable cable left so i took this one). I can plug my mp3 player (Cowon iAudio X5L) and it works like a charm, i can access files in the player etc.

I read that 5v / 100mA devices could be connected and use power from the gp, so i plugged my mouse and nothing happened, no light, nothing. I tried to connect a self-powered hub to the gp, then my mouse to the hub and the mouse works perfectly (under ScummVM) so the problem is obviously related to power.

So my question is : do you think there might be a difference between non-retractable cable (the one on the website) and the retractable one (thiner) ?

Richard, who sold me the cable, told me :
The only difference between the retractable and non-retractable cable is the thickness of the wires - it is possible that the thin wires can not carry enough power for the full 100mA, however I think this is unlikely.

If anyone has precisions, or already experienced similary "problem", answers would be really appreciated.

I'm thinking about trying to plug a mecanical mouse (less power-greedy i guess), what do you think ?

Thanks a lot (and merry Christmas to people who care about it).

If the problem were that the wire wasn't thick enough, it would still work but the wire would start getting hot. I think you've got a configuration problem here.

Well, if it was a configuration problem, it wouldn't work even with the hub plugged, no ?

Moreover, i found out that my wacom tablet was 5v/40mA, so i tried to plug it in. Of course i could'nt do anything with it but at least the LED turned on.

Back