Movies Thread

Who cares about the comic, watch the movie first then read it, and then maybe if you really liked it watch the movie while listening to an audiocomic instead of the movie.

'Username' said:
Who cares about the comic, watch the movie first then read it, and then maybe if you really liked it watch the movie while listening to an audiocomic instead of the movie.
wow i really hope you were joking

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching Grizzly Man. It was pretty interesting and had some goods lolz in it, although all I've really got to say about it is Timothy Treadwell was craaaazzzzzzzzyyy.

Saw "Taken" a few days ago and definitely enjoyed it. Don't let the PG13 rating fool you, this is high quality ultraviolence. If you're in the mood to see Liam Neeson kill absolutely everybody, then check it out.

Just watched 'Repo! The genetic opera'. Probably a love or hate movie but personally I loved it and just know I'll watch it again and again, it's destined to be a cult hit - and I hate to admit it but even Paris Hilton was good in it.

If you haven't heard of the film its Rock opera set in the not too distant future, an epidemic of organ failures killing millions results in the emergance of 'GeneCo' who provide organ transplants. If you can't afford the surgery no problem as you can have it on credit, but default on the repayments and they send out the repo man to get back their property.

A couple of youtube clips from the movie below to give you a taster.

CODE
Zydrate Anatomy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJHDTuvjr0

Mark it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NBdxo0MeLo

'Chip' said:
Saw "Taken" a few days ago and definitely enjoyed it. Don't let the PG13 rating fool you, this is high quality ultraviolence. If you're in the mood to see Liam Neeson kill absolutely everybody, then check it out.

yeah. its a good movie. stupid brainless action with an all-american agenda. its like a throwback.
'ruckage' said:
Just watched 'Repo! The genetic opera'. Probably a love or hate movie but personally I loved it and just know I'll watch it again and again, it's destined to be a cult hit - and I hate to admit it but even Paris Hilton was good in it.

If you haven't heard of the film its Rock opera set in the not too distant future, an epidemic of organ failures killing millions results in the emergance of 'GeneCo' who provide organ transplants. If you can't afford the surgery no problem as you can have it on credit, but default on the repayments and they send out the repo man to get back their property.

A couple of youtube clips from the movie below to give you a taster.

CODE
Zydrate Anatomy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJHDTuvjr0

Mark it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NBdxo0MeLo
another great movie. i love rock musicals.

at a lan i went to there was a fileserver with hundreds of movies on it, some that I had trouble finding before or better quality. i have alot of stuff to watch. finally watched the guinea pig movie 'mermaid in a manhole'. awesome.

'PoisonedV' said:

at a lan i went to there was a fileserver with hundreds of movies on it, some that I had trouble finding before or better quality. i have alot of stuff to watch. finally watched the guinea pig movie 'mermaid in a manhole'. awesome.
'Mermaid in a manhole' Sounds twisted - could be good .
I guessed you might be a rock musical fan by your criminologist avatar, another great rock musical is 'Hedwig and the angry inch' one of the best films ever imo so if you haven't seen it you should try and find it.

'ruckage' said:
'PoisonedV' said:

'Mermaid in a manhole' Sounds twisted - could be good .
I guessed you might be a rock musical fan by your criminologist avatar, another great rock musical is 'Hedwig and the angry inch' one of the best films ever imo so if you haven't seen it you should try and find it.

i havent seen that yet- its on my netflix queue. i think that has a page at rockymusic, too.

urm.. ye.... ok.. I watched Soylent Green last night. It was crap. I guess not everything refered to in Space Quest is awesome :p

I also watched The Devil Wears Prada a couple of days ago. It was an ok film, but all the way through it I was thinking about how it was very similar to Ugly Betty, which does it all, but much better. Meh :p

I watched Brave Archer 3 last weekend. It was relatively boring with really long episodes of taoist numerology in it. And not enough kicking ass, for a kungfu movie they spoke a LOT. Even though it was on the boring side, I think I'll watch the rest of them when I have time. Then again, I should start going through Zatoichi, one handed swordsman and godzilla as well.

And a side note: American movies suck.

I know this isn't a movie but my fella and I have been watching a series called "Trailer Park Boys" that we are hiring from LoveFilm. Soooo funny!

Oh I loved Trailer Park Boys. There's seven seasons of it, but I've only seen 5 or so. Maybe I should try to watch the rest of it. I always appreciate marihuana humor.

Watched Iron Man again the other day over a few beers. It's not the best movie, but it's damn fun to watch.

Back