Movies

kulak4

Still Fresh
Hello.
I have a problem with encoding movies. What do I have to do, when I open an avi file in Vdub? I don't know, how to encode movies. Can you help me?

EDIT:
Please, can you help me? I'm leaving town tommorow early in the morning and I want to watch movies on my GP when I hit the road.

There are loads of links to guides on encoding movies with Virtual Dub for GPCinenma if you search the board.

But heres a guide i`ve used.

http://www.btinternet.com/~waystation/gpcin.html

EDIT: I think you are leaving it a bit late to start learning to encode movies for the GP, As not many people have got it on their first go. Especially if you want them for tomorrow.

Trooper

I wouldnt say it's too hard on the first go but it certainly takes a while. Make sure you have the XviD codec (Koepi's build). The tutorial should tell you the size and bitrates you want but for the most part you're decimating the frame rate by 2 and reducing the sound bitrate to a much lower quality.

Good Luck!

But it isn't so easy! I have the latest version of vdub, but there aren't some options(some of menus are a little different then on screens). When I don't care about it, the movie reset GP after being open.

trooper posted on Aug 6 2005 at 09:51 PM said:
There are loads of links to guides on encoding movies with Virtual Dub for GPCinenma if you search the board.

But heres a guide i`ve used.

http://www.btinternet.com/~waystation/gpcin.html

EDIT: I think you are leaving it a bit late to start learning to encode movies for the GP, As not many people have got it on their first go. Especially if you want them for tomorrow.

Trooper
very good guide. First one i used always get it right never once had a movie go wrong :) i did not personally make these settings but go to www.gptheatre.co.uk and on the downloads page there are some settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeahhhhhh babe!!! I did it!! Thanks very much for your help!! Yupikae!

By the way, what exactly is wrong with this opensnes BLU+ version. As I said earlier, it frezees my GP, when I try to open zip file(there shows title loading and that's all). There isn't better snes emu, but I can't play comfortable with this stupid bar. As for gbc emu, I return honor to GP, I download the f-Day, and it's great... Sorry for offtopic.

Back