Mpeg2-Ts Problem.

gary_ramsgate

Still Fresh
I've just bought a USB Freeview digi box that records to a USB stick using MPEG2-TS file format.
Unfortunately this doesn't play on my Pandora. It plays on my netbook ok which is running Ubuntu.

Should the Pandora recognise this format ?
I've downloaded the codec pack.

Hiya ... There is currently not a lot of support for video formats ... You will probably need to re-encode

See this link http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54842-a-quick-and-simple-guide-to-ripping-your-dvds-for-your-pandora/

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's standard definition, gnome-mplayer should play it. Try opening it from within the player rather than the file browser. If it doesn't play in that, try it in mplayer from the command line and post the output. Could be some bizarre abnormality with what your device is outputting that the video player is choking on.

mplayer will propably (without parameters for cropping or scaling) choke on DVB quality m2t because it is usually 7??x5?? (IIRC) which is higher than 480 => it cant create a video overlay for it because its bigger than the screen resolution (800x480). Even worse if the stream happens to be 16:9 tagged and it decides to rescale it to 1???x5?? and that would take some CPU power to scale too. Question marks in resolutions are there because I'm totally sleep deprived now and cant remember them properly.

I might be able to get creative with the parameters to mplayer, I think it should be possible to view DVB MPEG2-TS, but I'm not sure before I try.

The video recorded by my DVB box is 720 x 576.
Using handbrake, I re-encoded it without changing the resolution which I think caused my problem.
After changing the video size to 368x272 using video codec H.264, the pandora now plays the video's without any probelm full screen.

The video also looks ok on the Pandora screen as well.

Thanks for the help.

Back