Multi-gba Emulation?

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear readers,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, I'm not sure how far the current Gba emulator for the Pandora is right now and haven't heard to much about it. I was wondering if it would be possible to emulate multiple GBA's on the Pandora. I know it wouldn't be much use on the Pandora's screen, but when you plug it into a tv, it might look ok. Reason being is I really want to play "Legend of Zelda: Fours swords" again, but all of friends lost there cables and such. I'm not sure how much this would tax the pandora, but again I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Thanks for listening.

-Spadoof :gp2x

Edit: I know that no$gba has the ability to do this on Pc and didn't know if that feature could be added to the pandora.

Spadoof said:
Edit: I know that no$gba has the ability to do this on Pc and didn't know if that feature could be added to the pandora.
Special link version of VisualBoy Advance can do this as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Spadoof said:
Dear readers,

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, I'm not sure how far the current Gba emulator for the Pandora is right now and haven't heard to much about it. I was wondering if it would be possible to emulate multiple GBA's on the Pandora. I know it wouldn't be much use on the Pandora's screen, but when you plug it into a tv, it might look ok. Reason being is I really want to play "Legend of Zelda: Fours swords" again, but all of friends lost there cables and such. I'm not sure how much this would tax the pandora, but again I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Thanks for listening.

I totally thought you were going to use it to trade all your Pokemon from one game to the other. XD

Sounds cool, tho'. I'd also like to see just multiplayer support working in all the other emulators so that we can play between Pandoras or with USB controllers. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Spadoof said:
I checked the list of planned emulators and GBA wasnt on there (maybe im blind) who is working on the gba emulator?

I would assume that Exophase is planning on porting GpSp.

PlopperZ said:
Spadoof said:
I checked the list of planned emulators and GBA wasnt on there (maybe im blind) who is working on the gba emulator?

I would assume that Exophase is planning on porting GpSp.

Yes it is there under 32 bit consoles and confirmed Exophase is planning on porting it.

The only place I've emulated a GBA was on an Xbox and my laptop. So, please forgive my ignorance. I'm not sure what is being asked. Two GameBoys on one Pandora? How would that work exactly? I mean, how would that be playable? Through USB controllers? Or am I totally misunderstanding the question.

You basically want Multi-player for GBA - but that requires two to four "machines" - so one Pandora would have to emulate all of them. And that means multiple displays, and multiple inputs. (Even if all the displays are on the screen, and all the inputs are on the keyboard - or through video out and/or gamepads.) Is that what you are asking?

I think you could do multiple GBA screens on the Pandora screen - they'd be small, but they could fit. Like split-screen. You could actually fit 4 GBA screens on the Pandora - at 1.5:1 scaling (that would be 320 x 240) And you'd still have room on the sides. The screens would be small though. But bigger than native res! (The GBA screens would be smaller than 1.5" Diagonal at native res. at 1.5:1 scaling, they'd be a little bigger than the GBMicro)

Of course, none of that answers the question of whether its possible. And I could be wrong about what you are asking. If so, sorry for wasting your time.

I think two GBAs could run well, based on my use of GpSp for ipod touch. The pandora seems fast enough in comparison (just look at psx4all!) to run twice the load at full speed. Four might be pushing it, however. I wasn't even aware of many games that used the 4 player functionality anyway!

interesting, ive only played a 2 player gb game once i think... and never a gba one. either my friends didnt have a gb, or neither of us had the right cable or adapter for the different models.
so, i love the idea of being able to play 2 player on one system!
im sure arguments would ensue over who gets the tv tho...

I'd think it'd mainly be used in 'console mode', with the pandora plugged into the TV, showing all 4 screens (a GBA screen was 1/4 NTSC native wasnt it?), and 3 controllers + pandora's controls.

parag0n said:
I'd think it'd mainly be used in 'console mode', with the pandora plugged into the TV, showing all 4 screens (a GBA screen was 1/4 NTSC native wasnt it?), and 3 controllers + pandora's controls.
That would be awesome. I also like the idea of trading pokémon between save games :) You know, gotta catch 'em all.

parag0n understands the idea i'm getting at. I know the pandoras screen is small, but if you display it on a tv it shouldnt be an issue. Again, I think it would be cool if you were hanging out with your friends and instead of looking aroung for the right cables and stuff, to just be able to easliy use it on the tv. I think it would be awsome to be able to play 4-player legend of zelda: four swords, with external controllers, on the tv, all through one easy to use game system. Again, I'm asking if it would be possible. It has worked on pc emulators ( http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html ), and was wonder if the pandora would be able to handle it. If that makes my question clearer. Thnaks for listening

-Spadoof :gp2x :huh:

Spadoof said:
parag0n understands the idea i'm getting at. I know the pandoras screen is small, but if you display it on a tv it shouldnt be an issue. Again, I think it would be cool if you were hanging out with your friends and instead of looking aroung for the right cables and stuff, to just be able to easliy use it on the tv. I think it would be awsome to be able to play 4-player legend of zelda: four swords, with external controllers, on the tv, all through one easy to use game system. Again, I'm asking if it would be possible. It has worked on pc emulators ( http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html ), and was wonder if the pandora would be able to handle it. If that makes my question clearer. Thnaks for listening

-Spadoof :gp2x :huh:

I understood it, but a multi-gba mode should work in many modes. ;)

-God Ginrai

impreziv said:
i would definitely make use of this feature. that is the only way to get Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle on Pokemon Blue and Red!
Have you tried, I don't know... making friends?
I kid, I kid :D

Back