Multiplayer and Emulators: supported/unsupported?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I'd like to confirm if the following is possible for all emulators currently available on Pandora:

- net play (playing over TCP with someone using the same emulator on another machine)

- local multiplayer (using TV-out, a USB hub, and plugging 2 pads on the hub)

Could someone help me confirm if the above true for :

- UAE4All

- Hatari

- PS1 emulator

- MAME

- Picodrive

- Snes emulator

- Nestopia

etc...

I think this kind of information is relevant and i'd like to update the wiki with it, once we confirm the above points.

I'm pretty sure Snes9x4P, PicoDrive, Nestopia, and PCSX ReArmed don't support online multiplayer. I don't know about the others, but if they don't say so in the description, the answer is probably "no" for them as well.

As for local multiplayer, I'm pretty sure PicoDrive and PCSX ReArmed support multiplayer via external controllers, while I'm sure Snes9x4P doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
PanMAME also supports multiplayer with multiple controllers.

- MAME EX could be used as multiplayer since it is a regular MAME 0.110. It works with multiple controllers

- VICE EX - multiple contorllers / multiplayer

- Atari800 Emulator - multiple contorllers / multiplayer

- Sim Coupe - multiple contorllers / multiplayer

- Virtual Jaguar EX - multiple contorllers / multiplayer

There is a version of MAME where netplay was hacked in afaik, but none of the Pandorabuilds have this feature.

Depends on how it handles joysticks and if it can use multiple ones, but not sure.

I think the emulatorlist already has a column for multiplayerability. Maybe you just want to add info there.

Back