Multitasking With Pandora

oblivioner

Still Fresh
Hi, I'm news so hello to everyone. I'm quite interested in the Pandora and have been lurking around for some time, and since almost all my questions are answered already (things like 720p, hibernate, linux newbie, lossless music, etc) I didn't say much. However I haven't found any answer for multitasking on the Pandora however, so I was wondering if it can be done at all. I suppose so since I've read that there were 5 snes emus running at once recently, but I wanted to know for sure, tia.

Linux is always multitasking, so yes, it'll work.

However, programs (like emulators) can switch off multitasking if they need a lot of CPU power.

Hi oblivioner and welcome.

There have been a number of threads that have discussed multitasking and issues around it. ED has answered the question but you might like to read a few of those threads - just put 'multitasking' into the Search option - some are quite interesting.

oblivioner said:
Hi, I'm news so hello to everyone. I'm quite interested in the Pandora and have been lurking around for some time, and since almost all my questions are answered already (things like 720p, hibernate, linux newbie, lossless music, etc) I didn't say much. However I haven't found any answer for multitasking on the Pandora however, so I was wondering if it can be done at all. I suppose so since I've read that there were 5 snes emus running at once recently, but I wanted to know for sure, tia.
It has the power to run 5 snes emus at once, but I don't think they've actually done that, just to clear that up :D

You don't want to be too heavy into multitasking since you are limited to 128MB RAM, but I'm sure that you will be able to run several common apps at once with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
One time, I ran two copies of Final Burn Alpha at the same time. One had a widescreen game going and the other was playing a QVGA resolution one. They were both still going at over 60fps at all times. It was a little hard to watch on the screen though!

MWeston said:
One time, I ran two copies of Final Burn Alpha at the same time. One had a widescreen game going and the other was playing a QVGA resolution one. They were both still going at over 60fps at all times. It was a little hard to watch on the screen though!
Sure, and all we get are videos of the darned thing booting linux. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I swear I made a search for multitasking and nothing showed, maybe I didn't spell it right and didn't notice, sorry for that.

Thanks for all the replies, really the Pandora is almost too good to be true, everything I hoped it would be able to do, it does :)

Back