Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

Sounds good. Do you mean "real" widescreen with the correct aspect ratio or just stretched 4:3?
Real Widescreen. Look at the screenshot (in the repo) of Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart, I have updated them...

*EDIT*: Mmmm, not sure it's the good ones in fact!

*EDIT2*: Ok, I updated the package with the correct screenshot (didn't changed the numbering just for that)

*EDIT3*: No, it was just a cache issue, ctl-f5 was enough...

Last edited by a moderator:
Widescreen looks appropriate now, I'm not used to that.  In Zelda Ocarina of Time, is it normal for every video plugin besides GLide GLES2, GLES2N64 and Arachnoid GLES1.1 to result in the game freezing when unpaused?  If it weren't for that, Rice GLES1.1 would be my favorite.  GLES2N64 looks pretty nice too though.  Sorry for being outside of the answers to surely year old questions.

Just a quick query - what do I have to change to swap the nubs over in the config files? I've tried allsorts and nothing works :(

D.

Tenka, in v2.0 the Rice renderers were pretty glitchy in most games I tried, so I don't know if anyone's tried it with Zelda64 before. So it's probably not a years old observation.

• Launcher now remember last position
That's neat :D

Is the launcher still usable for other programs as well, or have there been too many changes to use it except for mupen?
Probably not usable, because of the "per rom" settings, I have quite customized the launcher. But that commit should be backportable to generic picklelauncher I guess.
Well, depends on how hard-coded you did that :)

I could need command line parameters configurable globally or as per-rom-basis as well.

If you implemented that using configfiles (as all other options of picklelauncher work as well), that would be awesome.

because It can emulate multiple games?

Hi all :)

I have a weird issue here: controls seem not to be working at all with Banjo and Kazooie. The only working key is "p", to pause the game...

EDIT: actually it doesn't work with other games either. I'm playing on a Rebirth with latest Super Zaxxon installed.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Mario 64 in real widescreen runs quite well, what a nice surprise. :)

Time to set up Mupen on my desktop PC as well soon.

Is there a way to get Project 64 to handle mostly glitch free real unstretched widescreen?

Edit: Woot, I didn't know that PJ64 has gone OpenSource

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3573

• Launcher now remember last position
That's neat :D

Is the launcher still usable for other programs as well, or have there been too many changes to use it except for mupen?
Probably not usable, because of the "per rom" settings, I have quite customized the launcher. But that commit should be backportable to generic picklelauncher I guess.
Well, depends on how hard-coded you did that :)

I could need command line parameters configurable globally or as per-rom-basis as well.

If you implemented that using configfiles (as all other options of picklelauncher work as well), that would be awesome.
It's mostly hard coded. I can probably render the plugin system parametrable via config, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort, as the "per rom" system and the plugin system is quite N64 specifics. Not sure it's easily ported to another one. Wich you have in mind ? (and specificaly, how ROMs can by identified, by CRC32?, using a rom header signature? and what will be the spectrum of per roms parameters?)

I have a weird issue here: controls seem not to be working at all with Banjo and Kazooie. The only working key is "p", to pause the game...
Are you trying to use the d-pad? Few N64 games support the d-pad, as you were supposed to hold the analogue stick in your left hand, not the d-pad. So on Pandora you need to use the left nub most of the time.

Banjo Kazooie works in 2.1 at all?  Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and both Rampage games just flash a black screen for a second then return to the game select menu for me, no matter which video plugin.

Speaking of "p", I wish there were a way to move that function to a different key.  I keep pausing the game by accident, and would like to assign the A button to that letter.

Banjo Kazooie works in 2.1 at all?  Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and both Rampage games just flash a black screen for a second then return to the game select menu for me, no matter which video plugin.

Speaking of "p", I wish there were a way to move that function to a different key.  I keep pausing the game by accident, and would like to assign the A button to that letter.
I will check Banjos games. They used to work, but I haven't checked them lately. About the "p" key, I'll check how to move it.

Banjo kazooie works well in mine, Toole works but is sluggish and prone to slowdown, and Conker is unplayable slow at default settings

Just a quick query - what do I have to change to swap the nubs over in the config files? I've tried allsorts and nothing works :(

D.
Yes, you have to invert the contents of the "left_nub" and "right_nub" files inside appdata/mupen64plus2 folder. It should be enough.

Of the few games I've tried, all of the previously non-working ones seem to play now

Paper mario crashes for me still at the Goomba Bros, but OoT runs great in widescreen!

Back