Release Panorama

Now if only I could get this new build system to spit out pandora-compatible binaries, I could continue with the UI :D

Formerly qmake, but we recently switched to cmake. I'm using the yactfeau toolchain for cross-compilation.

As this came up with the last firefox pnd etc., would it be possible to check the status of the pnd and configure it to not update to alpha or beta pnds?

Would make sense imho.

As this came up with the last firefox pnd etc., would it be possible to check the status of the pnd and configure it to not update to alpha or beta pnds?

Would make sense imho.
I'll make this default behavior in libmilky, settable by global setting or package filter.

Would make sense imho.
problem with firefox is that its marked as "release" so libmilky would still have updated that package.

also i would say a good proportion of apps in the repo are marked beta, would about updating beta apps with updated beta apps what would happen in those cases?

Would need a ruleset.

Update release to release, beta to beta or release and alpha to alpha or beta or release.

well unless use use the "update all" option then its manually updated meaning its the end users choice anyway

How easy would it be to turn this into a launcher option - ala Mini Menu and XFCE?

its already being worked on :p ed has the latest snapshot version on his pandy (and now so do i since i copied it from his sd card :p ) there is a video of it on this thread isnt there?

The only issue is the startup time currently.

Takes about 30 - 40 seconds I think... So that would be a total boot time of over 1 minute, which is not that great.

Takes about 30 - 40 seconds I think... So that would be a total boot time of over 1 minute, which is not that great.
if sleep battery life was improved in Yars, no-one would care about boot time...

if sleep battery life was improved in Yars, no-one would care about boot time...
I would, because I always shut down the Pandora (and all of my other Tech Devices) completely. :D I'm not sure if "real" power save full features will ever be available on the Pandora, what I've read about it sounds pretty complex and needs "deep" digging into the System, OS, Drivers, Firmware... ^^""

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

@ B-ZaR: how is your new job going ?

Any news about Panorama ?

Bye and thanks :)

Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back