Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

I tried out the new version and 5 seconds later reverted to the old one.  The issues:

1)  ROMs are VERY slow.

2)  The "B" button functionality is now suddenly on the "X" button, and I don't see a way to reverse it.

There are some other minor gripes but these are the dealbreakers.  Going back to the old version until these are resolved.

I tried out the new version and 5 seconds later reverted to the old one.  The issues:

1)  ROMs are VERY slow.

2)  The "B" button functionality is now suddenly on the "X" button, and I don't see a way to reverse it.

There are some other minor gripes but these are the dealbreakers.  Going back to the old version until these are resolved.
Good, I spend months in the v2, so I'm very pleased to know that you dropped it in 5 seconds, having tested all your ROMS in that short time and played with the options to make it run.

Go back and stay there.

1)  ROMs are VERY slow.

Good, I spend months in the v2, so I'm very pleased to know that you dropped it in 5 seconds, having tested all your ROMS in that short time and played with the options to make it run.
Go back and stay there.
Lol :D

I have to agree. I spent a couple of days all told testing before I decided to revert to V1 - but I do still test each new version before going back :)

D.

1)  ROMs are VERY slow.

Go back and stay there.

I have to agree. I spent a couple of days all told testing before I decided to revert to V1 - but I do still test each new version before going back :)

D.
Ah yes, I was just wondering about you ZXDunny. The latest version is still not as fast as 1.5, even with the n64gles2 plugin with framebuffer rendering? Or is it something else ?

1)  ROMs are VERY slow.

Go back and stay there.

D.
Ah yes, I was just wondering about you ZXDunny. The latest version is still not as fast as 1.5, even with the n64gles2 plugin with framebuffer rendering? Or is it something else ?
I'll be giving it another try just to be sure, but it was quite stuttery on my CC at 800MHz in Super Mario 64 - the only game I play on the N64. Didn't manage to get scaling to 800x480 yet either :(

D.

I'm sure this has already been said, but Super Mario 64 actually was a little framey sometimes on my 1ghtz prior (namely the mario face intro screen), and now it's so smooth!

Thankyou!

New release on repo!

It feature some NEON Optimization code by Notaz !!!

He has added many new NEON Optimization to the Vertex transformation routine in RICE plugins. You can have 10% speedup in certain games according to Notaz (using GLES2.0, I think you can get even more with GLES1.1, for games that support it).

Also, Notaz has submited some new Frameskipping code inside the Core, so every graphics plugins are impacted. That new code eleminate most of the micro-stutering that was there in some game.

So some nice improvement!

Go & grab it.

Build 16

-----------

• many small changes to most graphics plugins
  • Optimization by Notaz on RICE plugins (both GLES2 and GLES1.1)
  • New frameskipping (the frame limiting part) code in core by Notaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice update, F-Zero runs even better than ever! I guess it's a shame there are no plugin updates in this update, as I'd love one day to be able to play a glitch free game of F-Zero one day, but I'll take a smooth running game over a completely accurate one. Tetrisphere also runs well now, though I don't remember how well that played on previous versions to be honest. Will test more tomorrow.

Nice update, F-Zero runs even better than ever! I guess it's a shame there are no plugin updates in this update, as I'd love one day to be able to play a glitch free game of F-Zero one day, but I'll take a smooth running game over a completely accurate one. Tetrisphere also runs well now, though I don't remember how well that played on previous versions to be honest. Will test more tomorrow.
Rice is updated.

• New frameskipping code in core by Notaz
It was actually frame limiting code, it was slowing the game even when it was lagging behind sometimes.
I fixed the "what's new".

Anyway, that new code is very effective.

@ZXDunny: you should try this version, I think you will find most of the stutering that you had before gone...

Back