Beta Mupen64Plus

Spirit said:
Weird, what version are you using? I have mupen64plus-r1b3-fixed-snd

That's what I am using, I tried a fifferent rom version and get seg fault?

Is this fully working for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I meant the pandora button issue.

Zelda ain't working for me too.

Spirit said:
Games where the Pandora does not quit for me (but I have to reset the whole unit):

Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (U) (M5) [!]

I'm using that version, and every game that plays quits with the Pandora button for me. Try deleting your appdata directory?

-God Ginrai

So is there any way we can configure the controls so that the N64 analog stick is set to the Pandoras D-pad instead of the nub? I tried messing with the input config but couldn't get it to work.

Azuma said:
So is there any way we can configure the controls so that the N64 analog stick is set to the Pandoras D-pad instead of the nub? I tried messing with the input config but couldn't get it to work.

I haven't looked too much into it, but didn't Adventus package a joypad plugin that interpreted the dpad as the analog stick?

-God Ginrai

Just reached my 100th star in Mario 64. Thought I drop in here and ask if any progress is being made? been real quiet for some time now :S

IzzehO said:
Just reached my 100th star in Mario 64. Thought I drop in here and ask if any progress is being made? been real quiet for some time now :S

:) I am at 29 stars.

How do you find the nub for aiming with the cannon? On my original cart (n64) and also even on my Wii (Official download and classic controller) I find aiming a bit smoother.

I am not sure if this is my unit (One nub, but I can't really find much wrong with the nubs) or if it is "By design."

Not a deal breaker, and changing the controller setting to 0.10000 as per this thread was FANTASTIC! I now can move mario at all speeds with ease.

Having purchased Mario64 three times (N64 Jap import, NDS version & the Wii download) I can honestly say that Pandora screen is the best way to play. The killer app.

CapcomSuicide said:
IzzehO said:

:) I am at 29 stars.

How do you find the nub for aiming with the cannon? On my original cart (n64) and also even on my Wii (Official download and classic controller) I find aiming a bit smoother.

I am not sure if this is my unit (One nub, but I can't really find much wrong with the nubs) or if it is "By design."

Not a deal breaker, and changing the controller setting to 0.10000 as per this thread was FANTASTIC! I now can move mario at all speeds with ease.

Having purchased Mario64 three times (N64 Jap import, NDS version & the Wii download) I can honestly say that Pandora screen is the best way to play. The killer app.

I don't own a Pandora, I use the port of this project for the N900. As such I either use the accelerometer (painful for most games, but slightly useable for Mario)... but mostly I use synced up Wiimotes+Nunchuk (or classic, but one of my joysticks is snapped) and PS3 controllers. PS3 controller makes for a fantastic joystick for N64 games. I've also unlocked the silver and gold snowboarders in 1080 Snowboarding. The amount of time I spend in hotels and on the road makes the emulator so essential. Now I just need a new game to play as the rest of the stars for Mario are just a pain in the neck from here :p

Your correct in that the games look fantastic on smaller, high resolution screens. I can't imagine how great it'd look without frame skip and even higher resolution :p Does the Pandora sync with wiimotes/PS3 controllers yet? and does it have a TV out? I must say its a great portable system to plug in to a TV and jump on the couch for killing a couple of hours.

IzzehO said:
Hm, I should again search for the Video, where a crazy guy beats the whole game with only 16 Stars...and in 20 minutes... :D

Prometheus said:
How about zero stars, in five minutes and forty-seven seconds? :p

(Sorry for the off-topicness, I just really had to point this one out. :p )
Ok, he wins. :blink:
That does he mean with "tools"? Well, It seems he is cheating "a bit". :D
The 20 Minutes Video I know is without tools but this guy uses every bug, the game itself had. Damn, I've never beat this game but at least I've tried it without using cheats. ^^

Don't know if it's been reported or not, but Animal Forest doesn't work, it hangs at the point of asking you to set the clock (The cartridge had a battery backed clock, I don't know if that's supported in Mupen or not?)

fusion_power said:
Prometheus said:

The 20 Minutes Video I know is without tools but this guy uses every bug, the game itself had. Damn, I've never beat this game but at least I've tried it without using cheats. ^^
Tools are normally game speed modifiers, savestates and rewinding. This allows the guy to do the backwards long jump through walls, but rewind if he spent half an hour with out it working. The video above is the end result of most probably hours and hours of save state reloading, etc. So yes it is cheating, but the point is to give you an epic run through the game. And it's not just simply "I'll turn on cheats and lalala" lots of effort goes behind tool assisted speed runs. And they DO just exploit glitches. The only cheats used are generally those mentioned above.

PokeParadox said:
fusion_power said:
Prometheus said:

Tools are normally game speed modifiers, savestates and rewinding. This allows the guy to do the backwards long jump through walls, but rewind if he spent half an hour with out it working. The video above is the end result of most probably hours and hours of save state reloading, etc. So yes it is cheating, but the point is to give you an epic run through the game. And it's not just simply "I'll turn on cheats and lalala" lots of effort goes behind tool assisted speed runs. And they DO just exploit glitches. The only cheats used are generally those mentioned above.

While I did like that Mario video, I'm generally not a fan of using tools to make a perfect speed run.

-God Ginrai

Pleng said:
Don't know if it's been reported or not, but Animal Forest doesn't work, it hangs at the point of asking you to set the clock (The cartridge had a battery backed clock, I don't know if that's supported in Mupen or not?)

Known issue.

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/issues/detail?id=244

Back