Beta Mupen64Plus

Ari64 said:
Pleng said:
Don't know if it's been reported or not, but Animal Forest doesn't work, it hangs at the point of asking you to set the clock (The cartridge had a battery backed clock, I don't know if that's supported in Mupen or not?)

Known issue.

http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=244

Thanks.

It looks like that user reported that the game actually works, with the annoyance of having to set the date/time each time. On the Pandora, the game freezes when you proceed with setting the time/date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone playing RoadRash64? It runs quite nicely (this is a dream come true for me BTW, I love you guys) but the top half of the foreground seems to be cut off. I can see into the distance but I can only see a few feet of road in front of me. It's deadly and hilarious but impedes my progress somewhat.

Also (less importantly) the bikes & tracks aren't rendered in the selection menu pre-race.

Thanks for all the amazing work guys. :)

Gruso said:
Anyone playing RoadRash64? It runs quite nicely (this is a dream come true for me BTW, I love you guys) but the top half of the foreground seems to be cut off. I can see into the distance but I can only see a few feet of road in front of me. It's deadly and hilarious but impedes my progress somewhat.

Also (less importantly) the bikes & tracks aren't rendered in the selection menu pre-race.

Thanks for all the amazing work guys. :)

Yea, Road Rash 64 was nice. You like it better than the first 3?

Side Note: I still think that they need to revive the Road Rash franchise.

-God Ginrai

Gruso said:
I reckon it's the best version of them all, it's got the closest combat and the funniest deaths. I'd love to see the franchise revived too.

I only had one problem with the Road Rash 64; The races were too short.

-God Ginrai

Hello @ all
I'm new here in the Forum and signed in since Today,
but reading here in the Forum for quite a while.
(Sorry for my poor English my nativ Language is German)

At first i would thank all the People and Developer who
programing coding and porting Games, Emulator and Programs
for the Pandora ! i'm impressed and happy :)

I don't own a Pandora at the moment (i still have to wait for my one),
but i have a question about the Mupen64plus Emulator:
Is it possible to make a Controller Plugin for using a external
USB Gamepad like the PS1/PS2 Pad or other USB Gamepads ?
For Playing on the TV in the near future when the TV-Cable is available,
or for two Player Games ?
I think the Pandora integrated Game Controll is very good for playing Games
but i think to have the Option for using USB Gamepads would be nicely
on the TV ;) .
I have read somewhere in the Forum that PicoDrive supports USB Gamepads
and setting up assignment of Keys (keybinding), this would be a nice Feature
for Mupen64Plus.
Another thing, would it be possible to have a Program like XPadder on
Windows for setting up Keyboard Keys and Mouse to the GamePad ? or like
Programs matchable as "Joy2Key" or "QJoyPad" ?

Greetings - Shao.

Shaokahn said:
Hello @ all
I'm new here in the Forum and signed in since Today,
but reading here in the Forum for quite a while.
(Sorry for my poor English my nativ Language is German)

At first i would thank all the People and Developer who
programing coding and porting Games, Emulator and Programs
for the Pandora ! i'm impressed and happy :)

I don't own a Pandora at the moment (i still have to wait for my one),
but i have a question about the Mupen64plus Emulator:
Is it possible to make a Controller Plugin for using a external
USB Gamepad like the PS1/PS2 Pad or other USB Gamepads ?
For Playing on the TV in the near future when the TV-Cable is available,
or for two Player Games ?
I think the Pandora integrated Game Controll is very good for playing Games
but i think to have the Option for using USB Gamepads would be nicely
on the TV ;) .
I have read somewhere in the Forum that PicoDrive supports USB Gamepads
and setting up assignment of Keys (keybinding), this would be a nice Feature
for Mupen64Plus.
Another thing, would it be possible to have a Program like XPadder on
Windows for setting up Keyboard Keys and Mouse to the GamePad ? or like
Programs matchable as "Joy2Key" or "QJoyPad" ?

Greetings - Shao.

I'm pretty sure that blight supports USB Gamepads, so once we get that working, you should have your wish.

-God Ginrai

Hi All,
Been a while... I'm grumpy because I want my Pandora.. But anyhow!
What are speeds like? I remember seeing that goldeneye was at a "playable" speed (something like 80% with OC [900mhz]).
Sorry. I'm not doing the old, GOLDENEYE I WANT I WANT thing. I'm just after an update.

kingoddball said:
Hi All,
Been a while... I'm grumpy because I want my Pandora.. But anyhow!
What are speeds like? I remember seeing that goldeneye was at a "playable" speed (something like 80% with OC [900mhz]).
Sorry. I'm not doing the old, GOLDENEYE I WANT I WANT thing. I'm just after an update.

I think they list Goldeneye on the Compatibility spreadsheet. You should check what it says about it there.

-God Ginrai

Is it normal that some games pause every sec, then appear to freeze only to unfreeze again 1 min later for half a second before freezing again for twice as long? It's happened with both Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64 so far (haven't had time to try a lot of games... since I've only had the Pandora for about 2 hrs)

Jdbye said:
Is it normal that some games pause every sec, then appear to freeze only to unfreeze again 1 min later for half a second before freezing again for twice as long? It's happened with both Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64 so far (haven't had time to try a lot of games... since I've only had the Pandora for about 2 hrs)
I had more troubles like this when I had the romlist enabled... I disabled it and everything works better for me now.

Could also be that WiFi is still enabled on startup.
Get and install at least HotFix 3 and disable WiFi in the Startup Settings.
It's a battery eater, too.

Do save states work in this emulator? If so, what's the hotkey for it?
EDIT: Also, I noticed that the file browser only shows .z64, I was wondering why half my roms were missing (the "file type" box says z64, v64, and all other formats, but doesn't actually show them, which is confusing)

Oh, and PokeParadox - Disabling the ROM list seems to have fixed that issue, thanks. :)

Gruso said:
Can someone confirm for me which is the latest beta? The one in Pandora Apps, or linked elsewhere in the thread?

On a similar track, do we know if this Emulator is being activly developed? Is there headroom in the code/hardware to improve performance further, or are we at the limit now?

Gruso said:
Can someone confirm for me which is the latest beta? The one in Pandora Apps, or linked elsewhere in the thread?

The latest beta is the one linked by Adventus before Notaz linked his second attempt at the better sound plug-in. I believe that Notaz's one with the sound plugin uses the same version, but also packages his new sound plugin in.

-God Ginrai

Cheers :) That's the one I'm running. I saw Pleng mention he'd been playing Road Rash earlier in the thread, so I wonder why mine isn't working so well. Might try a different ROM.

CapcomSuicide said:
On a similar track, do we know if this Emulator is being activly developed? Is there headroom in the code/hardware to improve performance further, or are we at the limit now?
I can't speak for the guys, but I don't think they're quite done yet. It's very early days.

Gruso said:
Cheers :) That's the one I'm running. I saw Pleng mention he'd been playing Road Rash earlier in the thread, so I wonder why mine isn't working so well. Might try a different ROM.

Try Adventus's second to last release. I have found that the most recent one has borked compatibility for a lot of the games that were working before. (like Kirby64)

-God Ginrai

Back