Beta Mupen64Plus

HackModford said:
My nubs also stop working.

my nubs don't work in the menu like everyone else is experiencing, but anyway my pandora froze while playing mupen now it seems they are set to joystick mode permantly. Anyone have any ideas on how to reset it back to mouse mode manually, rebooting doesnt help they just stay dead but work in emulators perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
HackModford said:
What? The tree in the courtyard? I've got to see this!
One of the trees near the waterfall. You have to exit the area before you can get another one, so it's just as 'infinite' as all the other 1up mushrooms.

Ari64 said:
HackModford said:
What? The tree in the courtyard? I've got to see this!
One of the trees near the waterfall. You have to exit the area before you can get another one, so it's just as 'infinite' as all the other 1up mushrooms.

Yeah, basically. But as you don't have to avoid any enemies, I consider it a free source of lives.

@Ari64 the main developer of Mupen64Plus has a message for you http://groups.google.com/group/mupen64plus/msg/5d489b7ada303f3f

Preview pic for minimenu for who wants it. rename to whatever you call the exe separated by a _pvw#0 and place in same dir as the exe. Example Mupen64_pvw#0.png.

Ok the emu doesn't support preview pics yet. When it does you will be ready. To the coders of this, feel free to use this one for your preview pic if you want it, saves you the work of doing one :)

n64pvw0.png

DaveC said:
Preview pic for minimenu for who wants it. rename to whatever you call the exe separated by a _pvw#0 and place in same dir as the exe. Example Mupen64_pvw#0.png.

Ok the emu doesn't support preview pics yet. When it does you will be ready. To the coders of this, feel free to use this one for your preview pic if you want it, saves you the work of doing one :)

n64pvw0.png

Nice pic. Maybe they will use it for the preview pic when Adventus finally gets around to releasing a new beta featuring those new control configurations he added. <.<

-God Ginrai

DaveC said:

n64pvw0.png
You and your 32 Bit graphics. :rolleyes:
Pandora AFAIK only has 16Bit "desktop" Depth at all so the gfx will look worse if you don't optimite it that way I guess. :D

Here my offer with 256 Colours for the space saving retro nerds. ^^
n64pvw0.png

I can't see the roms, are they supposed to be in a certain directory? they are .n64. If I navigate tru my SD card I can see them, but If I launch the emulator and then try to find them there, it shows an empty directory.

Thanks

raul said:
I can't see the roms, are they supposed to be in a certain directory? they are .n64. If I navigate tru my SD card I can see them, but If I launch the emulator and then try to find them there, it shows an empty directory.

Thanks
You can navigate to which folder you put them in, plus the emulator supports .zip roms too.

Adventus said:
Merging gles2n64: This is an OpenGL ES 2.0 plugin based on glN64. Due to the unclear status of some code in glN64, this really shouldn't go into mainline in its present state. At some point I'd like to investigate how feasible it would be to merge Adventus's changes with the current Arachnoid plugin.
I actually thought of this when i ported gln64.... but i looked at the source and noticed it was C++ which turned me off. The original gln64 looked easier to modify.

http://code.google.com/p/ppsp-input/

Not sure if that is enough, I'd like to give someone else the project ownership tho.
I just suck with management and all the legal crap.

Any volunteers?
I suck equally with the legal stuff, but maybe i should have svn submission permissions at least. I quickly hacked in key mappings / configuration yesterday. Currently you can:
  • map the N64 analog to either the Left/right analogs or the DPAD. You can specify a velocity when you map to the DPAD, so each time its registered it adds that value to the analog x/y axis.
  • map the N64 digital buttons to either the pandora buttons, keyboard or an analog axis. When you map to analog you specify a threshold, so if the analog is pushed pass the threshold it registers a button press.
  • you can define your own left/right analog calibration curve. ie out = v[0]*in + v[1]*in*in + v[2]*in*in*in..... this way you can make the nubs less sensitive in the lower values and more sensitive in the upper.
Is there anything else i should add?

We should be able to use the blight plugin with some modifications since its just SDL based. Not sure why the one i built wouldnt register in game yet though.
Maybe its to do with the mupen64plus's window losing focus as my plugin starts.

Ari64 said:
http://bunnitude.com/ari64/mupen64plus-arm-20100627.tar.gz

Changes since 20100402:

Fix pagefault-on-execute

Properly set Context register on pagefault

Fix constant propagation in delay slots

Tolerate delay slot abuse with JR instruction

Fix DMTC1 instruction

Fix TLBWR instruction

Fix DSRLV/DSRAV instructions

Fix SDR instruction

Adventus, can we get a new PND for Mupen64plus with Ari64 and your changes? I would love to fix my controls, and also would love to see what games Ari64's update might fix. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Adventus, can we get a new PND for Mupen64plus with Ari64 and your changes? I would love to fix my controls, and also would love to see what games Ari64's update might fix.
Still following me around i see :) . I had what you might describe as quite a big weekend.... had last exam thursday, went out all night, went to work 9-5 on friday with zero sleep, went out saturday night again. Despite this I have managed to get the input plugin config files fully functional and fixed some bugs in gles2n64 (ie z fighting issues in super mario 64). I'm currently working on adding all the buffer flip options of rice_video (trying to stop paper mario's flicker) and discarding offscreen rendering so Jet Force Gemini is playable. I also have an idea on how to properly fix the sky in golden eye (special rdp_half1 command). However I am excited about Ari64's new release, i think the DSRLV/DSRA command is what crashes super smash bros.

Back