Beta Mupen64Plus

You can also set a game specifc rendering rate (thanks to Adventus changes in 0.0.5):

1. Open <yoursdcard>/pandora/appconfig/mupen64plus-r1/config/gles2n64rom.conf

2. Search the line

rom name=THEGAMEYOULOOKFOR

If the line for your game is missing you can add it at the end of the config file.

3. Now add or change the config options you want, e.g.

rom name=THEGAMEYOULOOKFOR
frame render rate=2
auto frameskip=1
target FPS=20

The entry for Pilotwings is

rom name=Pilot Wings64
frame render rate=3

I don't know which releases are meant to be official anymore but who ever is doing the official releases please add to repo.openpandora.org.

Since there seems to be a split between those who like Picklelauncher and those who don't, in order to avoid losing Picklelauncher functionality between releases, would it be possible to package the Mupen Picklelauncher in it's own pnd?

Are you guys planing on making a GUI something like PSX-rearmed and right now your just working on the main code? Because I just find Gui's like that faster and easier to change the config files on and maybe allow separate configs for different games too. Other than that I'd say that you guys are doing awesome on this emulator. ;)

Regarding the GUI: Thats a question for Ari64 or Adventus, I did only work on the graphics plugin/compatibility.

Jeffrey - sure, its possible to use Pickle Launcher. Next time I see that it is included.

Which versions of Zelda run best and what plugins to use with them? I can get OOT running at a decent speed but MM runs choppy.

Right now I'm using Notaz for sound and Graphics V5. As far as the roms go I'm using the US ones and for OOT it's V1.0 and for MM V1.0. I have seen that they now have the version they used on the Gamecube as a rom now that's compatible with N64 emulators and I've heard some people say that it runs better than the original. Any advice is appreciated. ;)

bzfrank said:
Regarding the GUI: Thats a question for Ari64 or Adventus, I did only work on the graphics plugin/compatibility.

Jeffrey - sure, its possible to use Pickle Launcher. Next time I see that it is included.

Thanks for that... I didn't spend several afternoons getting it to work just to have that effort discarded. Was going to make a post shortly. The inclusion of Pickle launcher shouldn't hurt anything, it just means creating a multi-app PND, so the PXML should reflect this.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 GameMaster said:
Which versions of Zelda run best and what plugins to use with them? I can get OOT running at a decent speed but MM runs choppy.

Right now I'm using Notaz for sound and Graphics V5. As far as the roms go I'm using the US ones and for OOT it's V1.0 and for MM V1.0. I have seen that they now have the version they used on the Gamecube as a rom now that's compatible with N64 emulators and I've heard some people say that it runs better than the original. Any advice is appreciated. ;)

I'm interested in this also... I'm not sure which one runs better...

US (NTSC) versions usualy perform better for LOZ:OOT. I don't know for MM however.

So..
Is this emulator still being worked on? No posts in quite awhile, and I hate to see this die.
After all, it's the whole reason I bought the Pandora.

The latest release on the Pandora App site works very well for me. :)

I wonder if we could start a kickstarter project to raise money to get some serious work done on this emulator?

So what are you missing?

I think Mupen is pretty stable now, whats lacking are hacks for certain games in gles2n64 to make them playable/remove gfx bugs. This will come over time, I already started working on it.

Also remember some people have real (say: paid) jobs to do and not always time to work for fun & glory. ;)

- Frank

Got my pandora back today. Autoframeskip feels nice, at least I imagine it does. Will give Zelda a serious try tonight. I never played Pilotwings before, will try that too(EDIT: Ooops, I played that now I remember. Scary, has n64 time passed for so long already?). :)

So what are you missing?

I think notaz-like "Every 2 weeks a few FPS more" a la PCSXReARMed. :) However something that's also missing is the praise for the people doing this emulator. The last releases deserved standing ovations by the entire community, not just by some hands of folks.
So here we go:

:D THANK YOU SO MUCH, ARI64, ADVENTUS, NOTAZ, BZFRANK AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED!!! :D
...I may have said it already: YOU made brought the pandora to another level of awesomeness!

However something that's also missing is the praise for the people doing this emulator. The last releases deserved standing ovations by the entire community, not just by some hands of folks.

You're right. We should give them thanks.

Guys (coders who made this emulator and improved it), you have successfully made the Nintendo 64 portable (for me). My favorite N64 games of all time are Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Starfox 64. Thanks to you guys, I can now play those on a handheld unit that's not a damn cell phone. :)
The fact that you guys mashed in so many updates over a short period of time is just great. Both Zelda games now work without freezing I assume? I have yet to get to the point in the game where that was a concern. You have truly made the Pandora worth the investment. I'm sure plenty of others can say that your work is the main reason they bought their units as well. The ONLY thing that's missing for me is a playable Paper Mario, but there's a 3DS version just around the corner so I'm not too concerned about that.

Thank you nerds around the world. You guys rock, and are damn good programmers.

From my side thanks guys! (I did however only play a minor part, Ari64, Adventus and Notaz deserve the credit!)

HackModford said:
Indeed they are all good, but I still want better FPS on zelda :(

And I want world peace, beer and a pizza :D (Sorry.. couldn't resist...)

Do you run with

frame render rate=2

in the config and auto frame skip?
It still a bit slow in the cutscenes but I believe quite playable.

I'll tell you this much you guys blew away the N64 emulator for the PSP within the second release. The only thing missing now would be Paper Mario working better for me or is there something I don't know about getting it to work without all the glitching? Anyways you guys are doing an excellent job keep it up. ;)

Back