Murphy's Law (A Thank You Note)

banjeed

Well in exactly two weeks from today, I'm going to be headed on a business trip for two months (I know...I know). Deep down I always had a feeling this thing would ship during my trip and not for the ride, but secretly hoped I'd be surprised. In all honesty, it's probably for the best that I don't have it as it'd be too great a distraction during the 20+ work hour days I have ahead of me (anyone else work in patent litigation?). I'm just a tad tired at the moment and feeling a little nostalgic watching some old videos of this amazing device. I know more than a few of these threads have surfaced recently, but I wanted to also personally thank all of the devs for making this happen. This is the answer to all the yeah but can it...? questions my friends' had about the gp2x compared to hacked psp's and ds's. This is what I've been waiting for since I heard of open source and I couldn't be any more grateful. It's a rough time and I know at least a few of you will even be pissed off I wrote this non-progress post, but thanks for finally making the portable device I wanted and not the device that was handy to make. You're awesome. Now I just have to make sure my girlfriend can stand not opening the box for the device I've been drooling over for two years. :)

you dont have anyone that can mail it to you after it ships? On the other hand while it's sure to be impressive out of the box if you dont get your hands on it immediately you will ate least have received it and by the time you get to use it many bugs will be worked out and new applications and games available.

She opens that box, and she'll be cursed for life. Opening Pandora's Box is something that shall only be opened by it's receiver. Those who shalt sin, and betray the orders from the gods, will open a box to an amazing device, and will be cursed for eternity by the loved one's lost ambition to be the first to Open Pandora's Box.
:p

Just today I was thinking about how cool it'll be.. Playing my pandora on the train to and from work each day.. All the antisocial people (not that I can talk) on the train, wondering WHAT THE FUCK I'm holding.. OP should think about silk screening "In case you're wondering, this is a pandora" and their website, because general public would be to afraid to ask.. But anyway, I cannot wait for that moment.

Iorgy77 said:
I leave next week for two weeks in Thailand. I think I am pretty safe it wont arrive while I am gone. :)

I've made 3 trips to Thailand since I preordered the Pandora. April, September and December. After coming back from each one I've always been SURE that I'll have the Pandora in time for the next :p

Have a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rapfnny liking the Durarara!! clip! Made me laugh then, made me laugh now. :lol:

shunun said:
Just today I was thinking about how cool it'll be.. Playing my pandora on the train to and from work each day.. All the antisocial people (not that I can talk) on the train, wondering WHAT THE FUCK I'm holding.. OP should think about silk screening "In case you're wondering, this is a pandora" and their website, because general public would be to afraid to ask.. But anyway, I cannot wait for that moment.
I must say that's a guilty pleasure of mine... even more so when you tell them there are only 4000 of them IN THE WHOLE WORLD ;D

Consequence_9 said:
shunun said:
I must say that's a guilty pleasure of mine... even more so when you tell them there are only 4000 of them IN THE WHOLE WORLD ;D

that how i felt with my Gizmondo. but of course people knew about it because of the crooks involved :p also the games kinda sucked... not all tho.

Its gonna be the most amazing thing that the rest of the geeks in the room have never touched, coz .. I WONT LET THEM!

I even got a second one - for my wife - so that she won't steal mine like she did with the NDS .. grrr .. only ever plays Bomberman on it too, the tricky minx. Wait until I load up Impossible Mission and then we'll see who gets in trouble for staying up late! Can't wait to get Oricutron and the new l337 Elite clone loaded up on mine, heh heh ..

banjeed said:
(anyone else work in patent litigation?).

Yep! (I feel your pain)

Iorgy77 said:
I leave next week for two weeks in Thailand. I think I am pretty safe it wont arrive while I am gone. :)

See you there!!

Two coincidences and still no Pandora to take with me! I agree with Iorgy77 - Pretty sure it will not be waiting for me on my return.

Regards

StalkS

im leaving for europe on march 18th, and staying for a month, im guessing theres no way for me to get it before i leave...

.....unless i head over to ED's house and steal his........

I hope to get mine before april, I live alone and I will be away for the first half of the month.
A solution may be going to Hanover on March 6th and talking to ED to give me a pandora... :lol:

Back