My Gp32 Gets More Playtime Than My Psp

TelcoLou posted on May 28 2005 at 03:42 AM said:
It's not that the charm of my shiny new system has dulled; but I find myself still yearning for those old, warm fuzzy nostalgic feelings I get from older consoles.

Exactly why I decided against buying a PSP in the first place. I just knew I'd play my GP32 more. Maybe I'll buy a PSP once it has more games I actually want to play (read: Pro Evo wireless multiplayer at work...) but for now my GP32 gets all my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too... I too play my GP32 a bit more than my PSP or DS... Of course it helps that I have like what... 400 games on one SMC? :p Also a factor is that it's a heck of a lot easier to see the GP32 screen in daylight conditions than the PSP, so there's just more times I can take the GP with me and actually be able to play it while out and about.

Whatever consoles the GP can't do are covered on my Xbox... I only wish there were some EASY way to transfer saves back and forth between GP and Xbox emu's... that'd be sweet, playing some game at home than transfer over to the GP to continue on the go. Maybe a way to adapt a USB card reader to the Xbox? One can only wish....

nah... the PSP or DS won't be cutting short the fun I have with my GP any time soon.

A card reader could be used, but, the xbox would format it as fatx, unusable by your GP32(obviously).

IF you were formatting it.

If I took my SMC that is already filled up with stuff, and stuck that in a card reader attached to the Xbox, would the Xbox not be able to access the car w/o formatting it to fatx?

No it wouldn't unfortunately. I assume those windows on xbox or linux on xbox would have solutions for that though.

I play my GP32 a lot more than I play with emulators on my computer, but that's mainly because when I'm at my computer, I'm doing other things on it that the GP32 just can't do.. playing certain games the gp32 can't play, chatting on messageboards, downloading stuff... that kind of thing. so when I'm away from my computer and want to play something, i just grab the GP32 because it's with me at all times. I used to play emulators ALL the time on my computer. Then I stopped for a bit, then my friend and I started playing some games together, and now that stopped... so at the moment we're playing Red Alert a lot... we kind of do things in "fads," except nothing's new, and we don't decide what to do based on what a lot of other people are doing. It just changes a lot...

but anyway... EvilDragon, you said that you can't get your PC emulators running perfectly... which ones are you using? I have a 1.3ghz computer, and I've never had trouble with emulating, not even when I had my 450mhz. Everything was always perfect as far as speed goes, and only a few minor screw-ups in sound(a few sound effects weren't the right sound), but the sound was always in sync with the video unless something stupid was happening that made my whole computer lag. If you haven't already tried them.... Try ZSNES for super nintendo and virtua NES for NES emulation... I forget what I tried for genesis, but I never use it. Even though I played a lot of genesis as a kid, we never had that many games, so I don't know of a lot of good ones... and none of the ones I've found have netplay without using kaillera(which sucks, by the way... it ALWAYS lags, no matter what system you're emulating), and netplay is absolutely necessary for me. I wanted to play it with a friend... oh well...

I just got my PSP about 2 weeks ago, so, understandably, it's been getting most of my attention.

I don't like to play more than one game at a time (minus the pick-up-and-play style games), so I will go through phases. For example, I was addicted to Beyond good and Evil on GC, then Ape Escape on PSP, and now I'm hard at work on completing Shenmue II (DC version) for the who-knows-how-manyth time.

I'm waiting for fDay to really commit myself to a game on the GP.

Unfortunately I haven't had a good chance to bond with my GP32 in weeks, I'm revisin' (another couple of weeks and I'll be out of it.) But when I get into my GP32 I get into it in a big way, like when I started playing Soleli on DrMD or when I bought the Doom collectors pack.

Currently all I'm doing is reading eBooks on the Zodiac, but I can feel a yearning to have a GP32 session soon after my exams, and I know once I have one I'm going to have another, and then another.

ive had my psp for about a month and i reckon ive played on it nearly everyday, i dont think ive even had any batteries in my gp32 for at least six months, i downloaded dr. md when it was first out but i never even tried it, but i reckon when f-day is finally here i'll dig gp32_console out and give it a try. i dont think i ever completed a game on my gp32, i just used to spend my time putting loads of roms on my smc then sit there for hours going through them to see what they were like, then i got a nokia 7610 and started to play around with that with snes and genesis emulation. maybe if i had a blu or flu i might use it more instead of being limited to sitting underneath a lamp all night.

Since i got my gp32 my xbox has been gathering dust. Ok, xbox games are much better but you can't beat the gp32 for a quick game of something.

On the subject of PC emulation:

I used to work on the graveyard shift (12 midnight to 8am) and would bring in my laptop. I had several emulators installed; Genesis, SNES, Sega CD and even a PS1.

I went as far as buying a cheap usb controller, provifing me with a now-perfect console setup. No transparancy issues in SNES, no compatability problems with Genesis, 99.9% perfect.

Yet, I grew bored of lugging my lappy to and from work, having to take it out of the case, plug everything in, boot it up, run the emus ...

With over a dozen emus in the palm of my hands, and several hundred games at my disposal at the flick of a switch, I'm more than satisfied. (and never EVER bored at work again :lol: )

EvilDragon posted on May 28 2005 at 08:23 AM said:
I have a 3,8GHz AMD64, and I still can't get Genesis or SNES emulation to run 100% smooth... 95% smooth okay, but Genesis still feels better on GP32.

:blink:
Er your system is totally fucked, I can tell you that remotely ;)

Try setting your montior refresh to 60hz by the way, makes a huge difference...

fdave posted on May 31 2005 at 04:24 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on May 28 2005 at 08:23 AM said:
I have a 3,8GHz AMD64, and I still can't get Genesis or SNES emulation to run 100% smooth... 95% smooth okay, but Genesis still feels better on GP32.

:blink:
Er your system is totally fucked, I can tell you that remotely ;)

Try setting your montior refresh to 60hz by the way, makes a huge difference...

NO WAY!! 60 mhz gives me a headache :lol:

Only Funny thing is though that the psp will be a monster, a company will invent a winder charger for it and thatll make so many people happy. The gba winder is bloody awesome btw :)

I dont know if this is true or not but i might by myself a psp for these reasons.
1. BIGGER MEDIA TYPE
2. PSP has a bigger screen :p
3. PSP's Psx emu and N64 Emu will be out ANYTIME within a few years...
4. PSP's Firmware 1.5 etc.. WILL Be hacked eventually.
5. PSP's Are Free :) (im so jelous my friend already got his like 10 days after it came out, and he got it from a referal/free merchandise company)

I wouldn't expect N64 emulation from the PSP; it only clocks at 222mhz to (I think) 333mhz. Even with the dedicated graphics chip, I don't forsee it becoming very playable.

PS1... probably not, but I could be wrong about that.

Back