My Loyalty Under Fire.

It does not exist. (and I doubt it ever will knowing the history behind it and the high costs involved) I am entertained by the comments about it though, especially the guestimates about how things would run on it. However, I don't 'despise' it.

And the commercial games for the GP2X are coming now, best to make sure the quality is good rather than rush release them, don't you think? Me, Ed and fatih have just been in Seoul to talk about this kind of thing all week, you will see some interesting changes in the way the GP2X is moving forward now.

-Craig

Craig-- why don't you dedicate your resources to fixing your disaster of a console instead of going out of your way to harass people on internet forums. Also, work on not being such a pathological liar, will you? And make up your mind whether your games are shit or awesome. You were telling me a few months ago how you don't want to publish anything 2D because shitty software-rendered 3D is the future .. disregarding Vektar, which you published.

DaveC- I must've explained a few thousand times, yet you don't seem to understand, the advantage of a 2D/3D accelerator is primarily enhancement in the speed, quality and intensity of 2D games, and acceleration of 2D emulation, not 3D. Yet still you stick to your exact same argument, 'the XGP is just for 3D'. Then you talk about how no one wants to play a shooter (like the one I am working on) that isn't '3D like Odonata'. Whoops, Odonata's not 3D, and then you later say it's a terrible piece of shit, which it is. Now you insist your commercial game lineup is something incredible. 2 games is not incredible, and honestly, I can't say I am at all impressed with your GTA clone. Not one bit. The fact that you got it out of the single-digit framerate range is a miracle in and of itself.

Maybe you don't believe Gamepark will ever produce another console. Whatever, you're entitled to that opinion. But when some persons on this forum decide to start some topics to discuss potential hardware or applications for such future systems, why exactly do you feel the need to come in and shit on the threads with useless replies like these? There's no reason you should be respected when you behave like this, you should be treated like any other user and disciplined for trolling, which is what you're doing. I don't care if you sell GP2X units, that doesn't make your obnoxious behavior any more valid. Grow up and develop at least a rudimentary sense of professionalism-- if that is even possible.

But most importantly.. go unfuck the mess you made. I won't be waiting for you to do it. But maybe, just maybe, you will surprise me one day. I won't hold my breath.

Epicenter, I want to agree that the XGP will be a good handheld, but it irritates me that you consider it OK to harp on GP2X problems in the GP2X forums but won't put up with anyone who suggests the XGP has problems, like the rather serious one that we have few indications that it will ever exist. Lighten up a bit, will you? :)

Sorry for this post and stuff, but I've been holding it back for a while.

I don't get why you guys are saying how it doesn't exist. Both the GP2X and XGP had clear videos of working units in their very early stages, but I didn't see anyone doubting the GP2X's existence. XGP is just taking a more realistic amount of time for development. So I guess all of you assuming the XGP is vapourware is just because of GP2X loyalism. If you have nothing constructive to say about the XGP's, stay out of the XGP FORUM.

Epicenter posted on Oct 30 2006 at 02:43 AM said:
DaveC- Then you talk about how no one wants to play a shooter (like the one I am working on) that isn't '3D like Odonata'. Whoops, Odonata's not 3D, and then you later say it's a terrible piece of shit, which it is. Now you insist your commercial game lineup is something incredible. 2 games is not incredible, and honestly, I can't say I am at all impressed with your GTA clone. Not one bit. The fact that you got it out of the single-digit framerate range is a miracle in and of itself.

Huh :blink:

I think you crossed some wires in that brain of yours. I never said the commercial line up is incredible. I never said it was great or even good. Never said anything about not wanting to play a "3D" shooter that is not like Odonata either. I said as soon as I saw Odonata what a total piece of crap it was.

Of course the XGP commercial line up will be stunning of course. 100 games the first month. Look out Sony and Nintendo. PSP & DS in trouble :p I have a feeling the XGP won't exactly set the world on fire either. And the "kids"? If Gp is stupid enough to release a hunk af shit like that who knows how the other stuff will turn out.

My GTA clone? You are suprised that i got it out of single digit framerate? I didn't write that game ;)

I think you confused me with someone else ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Oct 30 2006 at 02:43 AM said:
(and I doubt it ever will knowing the history behind it and the high costs involved)

-Craig

History? what history? history you heard from GPH?
Please enlight me on the "history" you are talking about

What do you hold against Payback, Epicenter? You admitted yourself that your shooter cannot run properly on GP2X hardware, and now you go rag on a fully-3D rendered game without even giving some reasons for your sayings?

And stop bitching about the GP2X already. It's a great piece of hardware for the price and features it has, and it does its job superbly for most people who bought one, me included.

- Alex

I can't think why, but reading this I suddenly remembered the following :
Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Oct 11 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
(This is possibly the golden rule in the 'how not to program' handbook. Always blame the hardware, O/S or tools (anything will do) for your bugs.)

Epicenter, by repeatedly insulting the community you have succeeded only in alienating yourself.
Even though I usually agree with some of your underlying points, I find myself wanting to disagree, simply because of your aggressive tone.
Every successive post you make has less and less substance, and more and more abuse.
If you don't want to lose any more respect, find a way to express your opinions without resorting to insults.

Craig, what evidence do you have that the XGP will never happen? As a serious question.

Just what i've been told, plus knowing who went where after the split. GPH have good manufacturing advantages over XGP too.

And yes, I found out more while I was in Seoul. The XGP seems to be exactly where it was a year ago, no further ahead.

Now i'm so jetlagged I need to have a little nap :) I'll post more info about the trip in the coming days. (I think we have some fun video too).

Although not successful in our first attempts when making a game (mostly because of both of our EXTREAMLY busy schedules among other things) I believe maybe the GP2X wasn’t quite the system with a project of our size.

With this I do agree in order to carry out our game in its large scale, that another machine with better hardware may be the best choice. But I will never say that the GP2X was evera complete failure. On the contrary, it was and still is quite fun.

But when it comes time to try again with better hopes I think maybe another system may be a good decision not only from a consumer but from a developer’s standpoint. And the plan is to GET not SWITCH to an XGP. I say this because I will still keep my GP2X and not disregard it.

Although I do agree Epicenter should calm down a little, I think he is right in a lot of aspects. And whatever inconvenience the rest of you people may have experienced I will make it up to you guys when I get back to work on Stargazer for the PC or the XGP if any of you wish to get the system.

So again Epicenter: calm down a bit, you’re my best friend but I don’t want everyone frowning upon any future project we may create. So please, keep the tone down a tad!

Maybe when things cool down we can start fresh after some breather time, and get back good ol Homebrewing and forget these dark days.

Hydra

Epicenter: you seem to have yet to understand the most vital rule of discussion -- NEVER insult your opponent or any object of discussion related to him/her. Try approaching the matter with more professionalism and less arrogance. When you go about proving your point like you do, people will feel threatened rather than inclined to listen, which'll result in them instinctively disregarding you.

I used to think you were one of the great posters on this board - I loved reading your technical introspectives - but as of late I've come to regard you as biased and much less interesting.

HydraLancer posted on Oct 30 2006 at 06:01 PM said:
With this I do agree in order to carry out our game in its large scale, that another machine with better hardware may be the best choice.
Give proper reasons as to why the GP2X hardware is not capable of handling decent native shoot-em-ups.

- Alex

Yes, there were some very decent shmups on 386 and even worse hardware, of course it can be done on the GP2X, it just isn't quite the same as the wasteful programming one might be able to do on a modern PC. Don't expect to be able to do it on XGP either :)

Back