My new GP32 site: go! go! GP32!

IntenseWage

Website
Visit site
Well, I uploaded an extremely rough version of my site tonight just for the sake of getting it on the internet. The downloads of Mania GP that I talked about are on the main news page. Emulators, Wind-Ups icons, and a bunch of Wind-Ups backgrounds I made are up, too. Feel free to give me input where you feel necessary, or, better yet, submit things. :D

http://www.gogogp32.tk

Ugh, sorry for the double-post, everyone. I was getting some sort of mailing error that wasn't telling me whether or not my topic went up.

no offense, but another GP32 site with the same redundant stuff? :(

You guys suck.....

IntenseWage, I like it keep it up, dont let tossy people get you down.

This forum really does suck sometimes....

Also what is Mania GP????

Rock On

This has been done before 10000000000000000s of times (well mabye not THAT much, but close) What a GOOD site would be is a searchable & categorized database of all the freeware/emulator/demo/patches that there are that also hosts everything (no broken links) and NOTHING else on the site. Then anyone could just go to www.gp32download.tk or something, type in something like 'platform game' and find what he wants (or not find anything if it dosen't exist)

Who the hell would want to create a page with nothing on but links to the files??
People have to pay for bandwidth you know!!
I would guess people make websites for a hobby, so needless to say, they want to do some graphics and clever stuff like that, something they can show and be proud of, and thats nice, and thats how it should be, I am quite sure he is not doing this to make money, and it pisses me off when people are so pig headed.

Anybody got anything nice to say???

I think the sites nice, it got some unique personal stuff he has done and I for one will look back regular.

I wasn't saying that it was bad... I was just saying that it has been done before. And I do know that people have to pay for bandwith, and I never said that anyone would actually do it...

The 119 icons available for download were nicked straight from my site, with out even asking. Next thing is he will nick all of the backgrounds that I have made and people have sent me

Geez..I hadn't expected such a shitty response. I'm not anywhere close to being done with it and everyone seems to hate it so far. I wasn't going to try and make a "redundant" site..I was going to try and have as many unique things I could think of on there. I wanted my site to be very open to submission..like having people submit Wind-Ups icons/backgrounds they made and personal reviews of software. Crazeeplaya, I apologize for the icons. I just thought it was alright since I've seen them around at other sites, but I hadn't thought of the effort you had gone through in collecting them all. I'll just place a link to your site instead.

I'm really disappointed. I look at GP32X, GP32Emu, and GP32News as all being the same site with little perks of their own. I was just trying to put my two cents in but I seem to have pissed everyone off. :(

rcx21000 posted on Sep 30 2003 at 03:23 PM said:
What a GOOD site would be is a searchable & categorized database of all the freeware/emulator/demo/patches that there are that also hosts everything (no broken links) and NOTHING else on the site.
If you build it they will come.

Go ahead, put a site together, and I'll host it. I have a server on 10Mbit, with MySQL, that doesn't cost me a dime extra if it shovels a meg per second or so. I could probably do some php coding, but I suck at web design. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
crazeeplaya posted on Sep 30 2003 at 12:35 PM said:
Wow! At least you have done something new *note sarcasm* <_<
you are right there.

no offense though its got a nice layout and such (i particularly like the layout of the emulator page)

LedZepUK posted on Sep 30 2003 at 12:27 PM said:
You guys suck.....

IntenseWage, I like it keep it up, dont let tossy people get you down.

This forum really does suck sometimes....
i feel your pain,
this forum has really gone to the dogs lately,
childish 'n00bz' can be a little annoying,
but this is far far worse!

:(

Nice work on the site IntenseWage, don't be discouraged. ;)

yeah man, another note of support over here..

(hee hee.. maybe we'll get a site which can actually keep it's boards from crashing for 5 min!)

Ah, I just noticed that Zider wasn't talking to me. Oh well.

Gimp, thanks. I wanted it to be nice and simple so you could quickly get what you want. I figure the author and author's site are the only important bits to know. Any other information can be found on the site or (hopefully) the emu's readme.

I'm sorry it doesn't have much of anything new on it at the moment, but I have to get the barebones of it down before I can do anything innovative with it, and that constitutes basic game/emulator downloads and the basic layout. =/

Back