My Pandora Battery Life

That's a longer battery life playing music than my 1st gen iPod Nano. Which I just lost. I hope my email comes soon. I need my music and books. 

Neko said:
If you remove the battery, it will mess up the battery gauge and you won't get an accurate reading.
How do you figure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I am wrong, but when the pandora is currently put into sleep mode, the CPU is underclocked to 14 MHz. The CPU voltage is not changed and is kept the same. Would it be possible that the all the background services that are still running would cause the CPU to work at 100%(or a high percentage) all the time while the pandora is in sleep mode. And since the voltage is still the same, this would cause a considerable battery drop with time. Since I still don't have my pandora, I am just having a guess here but I think that's something worth looking into if everybody experiences a battery drop like this.

Pleng said:
Alerino said:
with daily casual gaming and browsing (1 hour), i want mine to last a week

I doubt that's going to happen. My battery discharges at about the rate of 6% every 12 hours when shut off completely. Based on those figures you're going to loose 84% of charge when the unit is lying idle for 7 days, nevermind your hour of web surfing/game play.

Unless you mean a 5 day working week, then you might just about get away with it! :p

That seems unusually high. I know my ipod touch only looses 1 or 2% in the same amount of time and has about 1/4 the battery capacity. Is there any possibility it is still on or something? I hope the batteries arent damaged for sitting with no charge.

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
:)

People find it really hard to believe the battery is THAT good, but we meant it when we said 10 hours.
You once mentioned 100 hours (music). ;)

:lol:

Right. And?
I rememeber you saying some rediculous thing about 500 hr. battery life for just playing music and it going to lowest settings ;)

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
:)

People find it really hard to believe the battery is THAT good, but we meant it when we said 10 hours.
You once mentioned 100 hours (music). ;)

:lol:

Right. And?
Nothing, I just couldn't resist. :D It get's me from time to time. ^^""

Well, even 10h of normal use are impressive, I lived with under 4h at my GP2X (good batteries) and this was only at 200MHz, OC was even worse.
7h with wifi on is also very impressive. I know the OMAP has not all power save features activated but I'm sure, it is easy to have at least 25h of mp3 playback with LCD off and Music player clocked to somewhat around 100Mhz. :)

Back