My Pandora Made Me Sad

aardbark

Still Fresh
Ok, I just got the Pandora I ordered. I bought it off of ebay.

The seller said that the left nub doesnt work well. It doesnt work at all. Not a problem, the right nub works fine. The thing that makes me sad is the screen. I have all these green and blue lines going across the screen. When I touch the screen, or even move the lid (opening and closeing it) the screen changes colors, and even some of the desktop items just disapear.

I remember reading somewhere that some of the screens broke. If mine has done so, is there any easy way to fix it, or am I going to have to start an ebay dispute?

Either make a dispute with the seller or you may be able to get it sent to EvilDragon or Craig's shop for repairs.. Most likely it's just the cable that connect the LCD to the board. The early models are known for this issue.

Edit: vminko has a good link..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, Im in the same exact boat as that guy. Kinda sux, I was all excited. (except the nub) everything else workds fine. I like the way it feels and how responcive it is. I really dont want to go through an entire dispute thing, its like going to court, its painfull and hard on everyone.

I'm in two minds whether to suggest a dispute or not. On the one hand, I'm guessing you don't want to send it back, but on the other, it sounds as though you've been sold a broken Pandora with two faults which should have been RMA'd, for considerably more than the retail cost.

(As I said in your other thread relating to this, I suspected that about the nub, as the description you quoted sounded like a known fault with some early nubs.)

i'm voting contact the team and see if it can be rma'd after selling, don't know what their stance on it is (someone like apple or microsoft wouldn't)

If the seller didn't say that the screen was bad maybe it wasn't, did you ever think that it might have been done in shipping? Was the package insured? Maybe you can have the carrier cover it.

Ive contacted both EvilDragon and the Ebay seller.

ED said that I can mail it to him, and he will fix it. Unfortunitly he lives in Germany (I think) and the time and shipping on doint that would be a lot.

The Ebay seller said that he would give me my money back if there really was a problem with it. I dont really want to send it back. Becides the screen, I really like the Pandora.

So those are my options right now. If I send it to ED, it will take a while, and I will still get a Pandora with a broken nub back. If I send it to the Ebay seller, I'll get my money back ($550) and then I will just order a new Pandora and hope I dont have to wait 2 years to get it.

I dont think that the package was insured. It came in a really small box with no padding, so I supose it could have happend in shipping. But I think the odds of that are fairly low, considering all the information.

I would see if you can send it to Craig and get your nub fixed while you are getting your screen replaced.

I paid to send mine back to the UK and it didn't cost an arm or leg, just use US Mail not UPS/FEDEX/D.HeLL.

It took me a few weeks to get mine back, but that was because they were waiting on new cases to hook me up with as well, which was a nice upgrade.

Was this a defective one nub unit from the start or was it sold as a fully functional Pandora and then had a nub fail? If the later, then you should have no problem getting the nub replaced under warranty, as for it being a one nubber to start then I'm clueless.

Im not sure if it was sold as a one nubber or not. All I know is that the Ebay seller never told me that it was a one nubber. He only said one of the nubs didnt work properly.

the team should have a list of one nub units, so someone should know

(a one nubber shouldn't be replaced with a 2 nubber, that's just unfair, i got a 2 half-nubs :D )

(a one nubber shouldn't be replaced with a 2 nubber, that's just unfair, i got a 2 half-nubs :D )

I sort of agree with you and sort of dont. In the end, I spent way to much money on this.

The team does have such a list. A one nubber will not (and others with one nubs have confirmed this) be replaced with a good two nubber.

Well it has 2 nubs, and they both work. Its just the left one works like crap.

But I dont really care about the nubs, Im not asking for them to be replaced. Im going to try to get my money back first. Then if that fails, I guess I will send it to ED and order a new one. (At my expence) Maybe I can get a discount on a new one if I send in my old broken one.

The team does have such a list. A one nubber will not (and others with one nubs have confirmed this) be replaced with a good two nubber.

I assume you mean 'for free', right? Would OP replace the nubs on those units for a little more than the cost of the nubs? I don't see why they wouldn't, really.

Actually, come to think of it this is sort of a stupid and ovbious question. :p

lol you do realize that if you want your money back from ebay guy, youre going to have to send him the unit back right?

I assume you mean 'for free', right? Would OP replace the nubs on those units for a little more than the cost of the nubs? I don't see why they wouldn't, really.

Actually, come to think of it this is sort of a stupid and ovbious question. :p
Not really. Neither Craigix nor ED have come right out and said that they'd offer to replace the nub on a one nubber. Hopefully obvious that even if they were to offer such a service, they wouldn't be able to until the first batch has finished shipping: get Pandoras out to more people before taking care of those that willingly took a slightly substandard unit to get in early, eh?

But beyond that, there may be liability issues. Replacing the nub isn't as precise a procedure as replacing the LCD cable. It involves putting something hot and something sharp next to very delicate electronics that don't like getting hot or poked with sharp things. Maybe it can be done once or twice or even a dozen times, but the first mistake and they're out a Pandora and need to replace it with something brand new.

Of course that's just conjecture: I'm fairly confident that they'll offer to replace nubs eventually, once they get the rest of the customers taken care of :)

If you have to pay to get the nub fixed I would just wait until they find out if they can make the existing nubs socketed, did they ever find out about this? Anyway, hold off none the less, just worry about the screen.

lol you do realize that if you want your money back from ebay guy, youre going to have to send him the unit back right?

Yes, I think its rather obvious that I have to send it back to him. But Id like him to give it back first, and then I will send it. I dont really trust sending it, and then waiting for the money back.

And yes, I realize that he could say the same exact thing, but in the end, I know what Im going to do, and I dont know what he will do. Id rather avoide a dispute.

Yes, I think its rather obvious that I have to send it back to him. But Id like him to give it back first, and then I will send it. I dont really trust sending it, and then waiting for the money back.

And yes, I realize that he could say the same exact thing, but in the end, I know what Im going to do, and I dont know what he will do. Id rather avoide a dispute.

You need to find out from the seller if this unit was a ONE NUBBER or Fully Functional Pandora from original purchase, or send an email to the UK/GBAX email address to see if it was a one nubber or full function Pandora. If it was a two nub, send that thing to the UK, screw sending it back to the guy you got it from, send it to someone who will FIX it and maybe even make it better with a new case, $20 ship to UK FREE repair for defective nub and LCD under warranty (unless unit was sodomized buy seller in a way that voids warranty), $10 ship it back to seller. It wasn't a bad investment, it was a dishonest seller that was most likely scared that unit was a POS and decided to dump it while it still powered up. Its not a POS, its a damn fine piece of kit! Get over the buyers remorse and cherish what you are holding, even if it is defunct, it can be one again!

If it was a one nubber to start with, you can spend an extra $10 and ship it to the UK still.

I would pay the $20 to ship it to the UK or ED via US Mail and get your LCD fixed, then in Two Month™ when nubs are available or socketed nubs, I'd send it back for another overhaul and pay the extra couple $ to have a Pandora.

Returning it is like quitting, and rehab is for quitters, not Pandora.

Back