My Pandora Mockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

viet0wnage

Still Fresh
Slideout keyboard, 2x headphone plug, 2x controller plugin, mouse

Well the current render of the pandora as a laptop form shell makes the joystick and games button hard to press with the keyboard in the way. So i made this mockup in paint with a slide out keyboard, and more... I forgot the start, select keys but they can be placed next to f1-f9. Imagine a nokia n810, with video game buttons...

pandoraiq8.gif

Features:
Slideout keyboard
Moved Speakers Up
2x Card on side, that slides away with keyboard
Keyboard hidden if not needed
f1-f9 keys easily accessible
USB located on back so you can look on screen while connected
Battery between slideout keyboard and screen, so you need to slide out keyboard before getting to battery

Dream Features:
Mouse similar to those on laptops
2x stereo headphones (In case you wanna share music or games)
2x Video Game Controller Plugin (In case you want to play 2 player games on one machine?)

Nokia n810:
nokia-n810-press-top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been discussed to death many times. It's not happening. People really need to give up the Pandora redesigns at this point in time.

viet0wnage said:
2x Video Game Controller Plugin (In case you want to play 2 player games on one machine?)
Errr... USB?? And yes, someone should stickey something saying no more major design changes.

viet0wnage said:
Well the current render of the pandora as a laptop form shell makes the joystick and games button hard to press with the keyboard in the way. So i made this mockup in paint with a slide out keyboard, and more... I
Have you actually tried it? No? Then how can you say?

"It looks like it would be hard to press" isn't good enough.

Personally, I think your design looks awful. You have a top-heavy device. Need to flip out the keyboard to get access to the sd cards, and then you'll be holding the entire device weight using just a flimsy keyboard. Not durable at all.

Ill-thought out, especially the analogue placement.

Besides, some people *prefer* a clamshell dammit!

The slide out keyboard would slide through the internals of the USB ports :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back