Mythtv Player

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
For anyone intested in getting pandora and might have mythtv, this might be a solution to watching recordings over wireless from a backend server.

Link

I use this on the windows side and its works pretty well. Provided all of the packages are supported on the debian arm side I think it will work and might be easier than trying to use/port the standard frontend.

Pickle said:
For anyone intested in getting pandora and might have mythtv, this might be a solution to watching recordings over wireless from a backend server.

Link

I use this on the windows side and its works pretty well. Provided all of the packages are supported on the debian arm side I think it will work and might be easier than trying to use/port the standard frontend.

Hmm.. That seems like a heck of a possibility. I'd definetly like to see that if they could get it running. I can't wait to get one but I'll honestly probably wait at least 3 months to let the developers get some stuff out and for bugs in the initial firmware to be worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
novaslogic said:
Pickle said:

Link

Hmm.. That seems like a heck of a possibility. I'd definetly like to see that if they could get it running. I can't wait to get one but I'll honestly probably wait at least 3 months to let the developers get some stuff out and for bugs in the initial firmware to be worked out.

Plus waiting for some sort of package system to be in place. Getting X11 probally would be a pretty big step.

I'm also VERY excited about the possiblity of Mythtv on Pandora. I have all my music, movies and karoke cdg files, as well as recorded tv on my mythbackend server; with a wifi enabled handheld of this power, I can stream them to anywhere in range of my network. With TV-out I can stream them to the crappy tv in my kitchen. Party on the roof? No problem - Amp + Speakers + Pandora! ok I need to calm down.

Actually a lot of this will work out of the box, the Mythweb plugin for Mythtv has modules for streaming flash video and music and also has an web interface for VLC player so it can transcode and stream even live tv.

I've also seen some people putting Mythtv on ARM based NSLU2 which seems to be a decent POC.

aliking said:
I'm also VERY excited about the possiblity of Mythtv on Pandora. I have all my music, movies and karoke cdg files, as well as recorded tv on my mythbackend server; with a wifi enabled handheld of this power, I can stream them to anywhere in range of my network. With TV-out I can stream them to the crappy tv in my kitchen. Party on the roof? No problem - Amp + Speakers + Pandora! ok I need to calm down.

Actually a lot of this will work out of the box, the Mythweb plugin for Mythtv has modules for streaming flash video and music and also has an web interface for VLC player so it can transcode and stream even live tv.

I've also seen some people putting Mythtv on ARM based NSLU2 which seems to be a decent POC.

well really all you need is something to handle live tv and recordings, eveything else can be handled though simple samba file sharing.

Either way, its ganna be pretty nice.

Back