N-gage Pad Mod

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I received a rather shiny ngage dpad this morning, from my good friend sataniCvirus! Anyway, I really want to get this thing on my gp2x, instead of the dreadful stick. So I was wondering if there are any tutorials on how to perform the mod myself.

Failing that, does anyone still perform the mod? DaveC?

I bought a DaveC dpad mod a year ago and only just recently did it (about 6 weeks ago now).

The excuse I was using was that "I didn't have the right tools".

I ended up having most of the tools and all I needed to buy was the de-soldering tool (sort of like a syringe the sucks out the hot liquid solder - it's cheap so don't worry).

Take the old stick off is by far the biggest obstacle. This took me 2-3 hours as I was doing it ultra carefully so as not to melt anything else on the board.

Carving the new hole is easy if you have the template. I ended up just using a hobby knife ("the whittling method") and resulting in very nice opening, finished off with some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel.

Putting it all together seemed a bit tighter than before but it was all good and now I have the ultimate GP2X.

With the absence of the USB chip on the F-200, I think a DaveC modded F-100 is arguably the better machine despite the lack of touchpad.

So anyway, you want MORE than just the DPAD, you need the circuit board and hole cutting template as well.

Glad it arrived Nova! Can't help you out though - If I could do it myself I would not have sent it! :p

Hope you get it sorted out without causing too much damage B)

Thanks for that guys. Guess I better see whether DaveC has any templates and circuitboards left...

Back