N64 Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'God Ginrai' said:
'Svartalf' said:
Let's just say that it's going to be a possible POC emu and let someone try- and then worry about the ones we KNOW will happen along with all the cool ports that're going to come our way, hm? :D
Well here's how I see it. We already have someone who said he will try. I see that as great, and I look forward to what progress he's going to be making. However, I'm sick and tired of people continuously bring up the topic of whether it is possible or not when someone already said they would handle it. Let's let them find it out for us, seeing as how we're not likely to get two devs who are willing to take on such an unlikely task.

-God Ginrai

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV3EuUmJIZA&feature=related

THAT is in game, with many models and textures. Seems to be 1-2fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
'fischju2000' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
'Svartalf' said:
Let's just say that it's going to be a possible POC emu and let someone try- and then worry about the ones we KNOW will happen along with all the cool ports that're going to come our way, hm? :D
Well here's how I see it. We already have someone who said he will try. I see that as great, and I look forward to what progress he's going to be making. However, I'm sick and tired of people continuously bring up the topic of whether it is possible or not when someone already said they would handle it. Let's let them find it out for us, seeing as how we're not likely to get two devs who are willing to take on such an unlikely task.

-God Ginrai

CODE

The less you render, the higher FPS you get. That has way too many graphical glitches for you to be able to make the claim that it gets 1-2 fps ingame.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
I'd have to concur with that one, God Ginrai... It's an evil hard task to try to accomplish even 10 fps with a DC emu with most hardware to begin with. Not impossible, but, as you put it, unlikely.

I kind of class the suppositions of this nature in the same boat as the ones that keep trying to bring up "I want an Atom based Pandora and we should do it as the next revision..." who don't quite get what all is involved with what they want. :D

fischju2000 said:
CODE

THAT isn't even close to "right". It's roughly 1-2fps, yes, but it does NOT count for even remotely usable. I'm impressed that it's doing that much- but it's only something to watch out for maybe being something someday. It's definitely not in the same calibre as the other emus already demoed on Pandora, or any of the games in the process of being ported over right at the moment. It's promising, but that's ALL it is right now.

'God Ginrai' said:
If Sony can make a good emulator, then why can't Nintendo make less buggy emus for N64? ;P
-God Ginrai

Because Sony has a competent development staff.

'AireTamStorm' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
If Sony can make a good emulator, then why can't Nintendo make less buggy emus for N64? ;P
-God Ginrai

Because Sony has a competent development staff.

Because the Sony emulators was designed to be general purpose while the ones in the Nintendo Wii are game specific and being misused by those that know what I'm talking about.

This thread has outlived its usefulness by at least 10 pages. If and when somebody posts a Pandora N64 emulator there will be plenty to talk about. Until then this topic is a waste of forum space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back