N64 Emulator For Gp2x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
Always the same question :D

At least for GP2X it´s imposible to get it working at more than 5 fps.

djmaddis said:
I dont know much about porting, but i understand mupen64 runs very well on luinix (i use the windows version). How easy would it be to port this for the the GP2x / Pandora?
The GP2X cannot handle it. If you try searching the boards you'll find hardware specs that explain why.

Pandora, it is a distinct possibility. It's going to take a monster coder to do it, but it *may* be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a big sign should be put on the forums saying dont ask about N64

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................

Not THIS again :rolleyes:

I didn't believe it at first, but it is true... this topic DOES get posted every month without fail... lol

foleyjo said:
Maybe a big sign should be put on the forums saying dont ask about N64
I thought there was ;)

Edit, please report/delete this thread, there are too many of these as is.

Better yet, add a link to the sticky that describes this post and lock it.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
djmaddis said:
I dont know much about porting, but i understand mupen64 runs very well on luinix (i use the windows version). How easy would it be to port this for the the GP2x / Pandora?
The GP2X cannot handle it. If you try searching the boards you'll find hardware specs that explain why.

Pandora, it is a distinct possibility. It's going to take a monster coder to do it, but it *may* be possible.

just like it 'may' have been possible to get playable playstation on the gp2x.. but look what happened to that? same will happen with the pandora.

Hey, guys, do you have any idea if we can get N64 emulation going on GP2X? What? Somebody's already posted a topic like this, and it's still on the first page? Sorry, I don't pay any attention to that, I just ask my questions.

I'm starting to think maybe doing a quick and dirty port wouldn't be such a bad idea afterall just to quell the number of requests we get for it, and to be a good lesson of how it would run (so no one says "you don't know until you try").

Unfortunately that'd probably bring in a lot of people saying that it should be optimized.

About the Pandora: my non-overclocked Celeron 400 with TNT video card came very close to playing Zelda: OoT full speed (audio would skip every few seconds, frame rate was usually in the low 20s, I think Zelda: OoT's real framerate might have been 25) using UltraHLE. Unlike Mario 64, Ocarina of Time is a pretty good stress test for N64 emulation. Pandora should be superior to that PC in every way if the ASM is high quality (might not be able to count on GCC for this one...) and UltraHLE had a single release.

UltraHLE's coders were geniuses though.

I think the true Stress-Test for N64 Emulation is something like "Golden Eye". Slow even at my 1.1GHz Machine with GeForce 3 at "Project64" ^_^
Ocarina of Time Plays very well, even with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering at 1024x768.

...N64 on GP2X... :lol: Some people have ideas... :lol:

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. The truth is yes it can emulate N64. It can also emulate nintendo wii, xbox 360, ps3 & windows vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back