N64 Emulator?

also remember, they sell consoles at a loss and the profit is made on software.
Game sales would give you a better idea as to how successful the box was for nintendo.
From a gamers point of view it was a success, great pad and games, lots of inovation. I think thats why people jump to its defence so quickly.

I had the dreamcast And i remember having to buy sonic so i could have the little sonic thing on that memory card i cant remember the name but it wast worth the money fo thatt little animal lol!

I remember playing with the Chao's In Sonic Adventure...I used to torture them all of the time :D

The Sega Saturn was extremely successful in Japan, so much so that it's last title was released in 2001, don't know what it was, but it shows a good sign of health interms of the systems popularity to me.

Twimfy posted on Dec 29 2003 at 09:50 PM said:
The Sega Saturn was extremely successful in Japan, so much so that it's last title was released in 2001, don't know what it was, but it shows a good sign of health interms of the systems popularity to me.
Magic Nights of Rayearth? Or was that the last US released game...

Last edited by a moderator:
GurtyGurt posted on Dec 29 2003 at 11:54 AM said:
Those figures are for NA only. The N64 did a lot worse in Europe and Japan...in fact, I think the SMS outsold the NES in Europe (remember, the distribution for SMS in the US was really bad...Tonka did it or something). The gameboy total is often a collective total for GB/GBP, GBC and usually GBA - I dunno about regions specifically, though. The Saturn outsold the N64 in Japan, from what I remember...

Oh yeah, I think that list is old consoles only. I think Playstation 2 ranks pretty high in the top sales list, like in the top 3 or so...at any rate, it was a commercial failure in some places. Japan, Europe and Australia...probably a few other places...but it still outdid the Dreamcast and Saturn. (and FWIW, I'm not partial to either Sega or Nintendo, but at the time, the N64 kind of turned me off Nintendo stuff for a while...after I bought it, that is)

Just nitpicking :p
My gosh, if that Tonka quote is real, i would crap muh pants. But otherwise, that just made me laugh. And i am surprised that the PSx outsold the NES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back