N64 On Pandora?

No, since Mupen uses dynamic recompilation to x86. Pandora has an ARM, so any application that needs a x86 won't work, even if it is open source (wine and mupen, for example)

But this do not mean that N64 is not possible on Pandora, only that it will be much harder to do an emulator.

zodttd is already looking at it as a possibility. He is considering using daedalus source code to do the job. He'll update us when he knows something about that. If you don't know him, he's also working on psx4pandora and many iphone applications. He's a very capable dev.

Mutilator said:
its unknown if n64 would work at a playable speed if u want more information search the forums as this has been discussed many times before and also there is information in the pandora wiki at http://pandorawiki.org/FAQ

anexanhume said:
zodttd is already looking at it as a possibility. He is considering using daedalus source code to do the job. He'll update us when he knows something about that. If you don't know him, he's also working on psx4pandora and many iphone applications. He's a very capable dev.
Im hoping that some excellent dev like zodttd will make this possible since that would be truely awesome!

juanvvc said:
No, since Mupen uses dynamic recompilation to x86. Pandora has an ARM, so any application that needs a x86 won't work, even if it is open source (wine and mupen, for example)

But this do not mean that N64 is not possible on Pandora, only that it will be much harder to do an emulator.
unhappy face...:(...I forgot about the difference in processors

argor said:
TheMagnitude said:
Mupen64 is a free, open source N64 emulator for linux.

Is there any chance that this could work on Pandora?

i don't nou why people always link to the old version of mupen64
here is link to new 1 http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/

On discovering a linux based n64 emulator I quickly rushed to google and clicked on most probably the first link that came up from searching: "mupen64"

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty, it's likely that n64 emulation will be playable, and at least a handful of games will run well. However, development will take time so we have to be patient and understanding (the devs don't get paid for what they do). It will come eventually, and we'll be able to play a lot of our favorite games, eventually. Until then, you can have psx4pandora to tide you over :D

anexanhume said:
zodttd better damn well get some of that developer fund booty.

argor said:
TheMagnitude said:
Mupen64 is a free, open source N64 emulator for linux.

Is there any chance that this could work on Pandora?

i don't nou why people always link to the old version of mupen64
here is link to new 1 http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/

Google brings up the old version. When I had Linux, I didn't realize there was a new version, so I was fairly disheartened to see the old site that hadn't been updated in years...

Gaidin said:
anexanhume said:
zodttd better damn well get some of that developer fund booty.

agreed. However, as far as porting Daedaelus (sp?) is concerned, zodttd said that he still considered it an active project by its developer, and therefore he does not want any donations for it if he ports it to Pandora.

-God Ginrai

Back