Need Another Mobile Phone...

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Well, my phones nearly dead. It's on it's dying breaths as we speak, so I need a new one.

So, I'm looking for a decent phone with built in organiser (probably a Smartphone to be honest), and preferably on the Orange network, but willing to consider others. Contract is fine.

I don't make many calls, and hardly any texts, so the tariff should be as cheap as possible. I've been looking at the Orange SPV-550 on a £23 monthly contract with the first 3 months half-price.

Anyone know any sites with good offers?

Just phone them and say you wish to cancel your contract..and see what deal they do to keep you.

I broke my phone at glastonbury as i'd been with them for over a year i decided to change contract and get a new top of range phone free. When i phoned to cancel they said that i could have any of their tarrifs at 50 % off and asked me which new phone i wanted. I asked for the new sony erricson K750i and they said i could have it for free :) Im not even a heavy user. my average bill is £25 a month.

So now i have for £15 a month 200 mins cross network at anytime + 500 texts and a new £250 phone B)

Yeah, all the networks will do almost anything to keep customers. Keep pushing them for more freebies too as the retentions teams are often on commission (but don't tell them I said that ;)).

As for a phone, I recently got a Nokia 6680 (series 60, 3G) and considering it's both s60 and Nokia it's not too bad (seems to require a reboot less than most pda's). Much better than the old 6600. 1.3 megapixel camera is pretty good quailty (tried the 2 megapixel camera on the k750i and wasn't too impressed), and it has a nice and smooth digital zoom which is ideal for video. Even comes with word/excel/powerpoint viewers and adobe pdf reader. Built in email client isn't too great so I'm trying ProfiMail at the moment which works really well. AgileMessenger (supports ICQ, MSN, AOL, and Yahoo) is fantastic and free :). Only real problems I've found is that it sometimes looks like it's connected to the network but calls can't be made or received until a reboot (only happened twice in 3 weeks, but it's quite anoying as you have no idea it's not working until you try to make a call), and j2me seems a bit sluggish but I've only tried one of my own apps so it could just be my coding (although I got the same app working full speed on a pathetic t610).

I wouldn't go for a symbian phone, I have a 6600 and I can definitly say they are limited. Go for a Treo or something similar.

Back