Need help with PSXrearmed (please help a new community member?)

hybrid21

Still Fresh
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, North A
I can't use the menu in PCSX ReArmed. I'm not joking. I mash the dpad around, use the nubs, try using the touchscreen, nothing works. Nothing will move the highlighter. I've tried using psx4pandora but that won't even find my BIOS file. But, help me with PCSX ReArmed, please?

I got it here: http://apps.openpand..._rearmed_r3.inf

I am using r17 right now, but I'm having another problem, my roms won't load. I'm trying to load Gran Turismo, but all I get is the message at the bottom of the screen "Booting up... [press SPACE for menu]". I'm using the SCPH1001.bin BIOS file. I'm very sorry if I'm snowballing you with issues, I'm a new member, I've had my Pandora for less than a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community.

Use the repo for everything. http://repo.openpandora.org/ - Download PND manager to easily update the PNDs over wifi.

Secondly, If you're using ISOs or (CUE/BIN). This should be fine, but some of those PSP hacked versions might work too.

Id recommend checking the MD5 of the BIOS. and trying another "personal backup copy of your legally own games".

I think I'll definitely be using the repo from now on. I don't know how many other apps I have are outdated or broken from apps.openpandora. So far I've tried:

Gran Turismo .7z

Lego Racers .rar

Spyro the Dragon .7z

Pepsiman .7z

Twisted Metal .7z

Are there any compatibility issues? I realize that the Pandora doesn't have the same issues as N64 emulators. I think I'll try unzipping the files next? Maybe I need different BIOS? Plugins? No idea.

Use the repo for everything. http://repo.openpandora.org/ - Download PND manager to easily update the PNDs over wifi.

Secondly, If you're using ISOs or (CUE/BIN). This should be fine, but some of those PSP hacked versions might work too.

Id recommend checking the MD5 of the BIOS. and trying another "personal backup copy of your legally own games".

Here's the problem!!

You can't use zipped files!!

,7z won't work, .rar won't work .zip won't work.

You have to unzip them, and use the bin/cue files.

Or, in my case, I have gotten away with using just the bin files and not the .cue file But I don't recommend this, because in actuality, you should be using the .cue file, too - I just haven't had any problems skipping it.

Also, if you unzip something and it's .ecm - it won't work. You have to unECM it first, and put it into bin/cue format.

One other thing...just so you know...when you DO get your roms going on PCSXReARMed - the "Select" button is your friend...that is the button which will take you back to the menu when you want to do something like quit the game, and load a new game...or quit the emu...or fiddle with the settings.

And we are always happy to help anyone new member or old member. I'm fairly new myself, so I'm lending you the benefit of my experience...which I also got help on at one point. You'll find this is a very open, helpful, and friendly community, and I wish to welcome you to it!

Am I senile (possibly) or isn't it really the space key that brings up the menu? Since the select button is part of the emulated controller.

So far I've tried:

Gran Turismo .7z

Lego Racers .rar

Spyro the Dragon .7z

Pepsiman .7z

Twisted Metal .7z

Are there any compatibility issues? ll try unzipping the files next?

Yes, you'll need to extract/unRar/unzip those.

You can't use compressed files, so you'll have to unpack them to see what image format is actually in them - assuming they are one of the many supported, you should then be OK. Bin/Cue (2 identically named files), Iso, and many others work.

in my case, I have gotten away with using just the bin files and not the .cue file

In a Bin & Cue disc image the cue file is a 'map' of the original discs contents - without it a game won't be able to locate any CD Audio music tracks - not all games had CD audio tracks, so in some cases it is redundant but where one exists it should be kept in the same location as it's partner Bin file. It's a tiny file anyway, so no space issues!

You are senile (possibly) and it is really the space key that brings up the menu. :)

My games now will run with no problem after unzipping my ROM folders. Are there any PS games that aren't compatible at all? If so, is there a list I can use for reference? Thank you so much for the help. I'm slowly learning more and more about my machine.

So far I've tried:

Gran Turismo .7z

Lego Racers .rar

Spyro the Dragon .7z

Pepsiman .7z

Twisted Metal .7z

Are there any compatibility issues? ll try unzipping the files next?

Yes, you'll need to extract/unRar/unzip those.

You can't use compressed files, so you'll have to unpack them to see what image format is actually in them - assuming they are one of the many supported, you should then be OK. Bin/Cue (2 identically named files), Iso, and many others work.

in my case, I have gotten away with using just the bin files and not the .cue file

In a Bin & Cue disc image the cue file is a 'map' of the original discs contents - without it a game won't be able to locate any CD Audio music tracks - not all games had CD audio tracks, so in some cases it is redundant but where one exists it should be kept in the same location as it's partner Bin file. It's a tiny file anyway, so no space issues!
I agree, no space issues...I just HATE having both items show up in my gamelist, hence my decision to not use the .cue files, and just use the .bin files. The games I like and want usually would not contain CD Audio music tracks anyway, so there is no effect from not including those files. But I don't recommend doing this unless you are SURE you are okay with the fact that it MIGHT affect your sound in-game. It doesn't affect any game that I play, but what I'm into is all the old-school stuff anyway.

My games now will run with no problem after unzipping my ROM folders. Are there any PS games that aren't compatible at all? If so, is there a list I can use for reference? Thank you so much for the help. I'm slowly learning more and more about my machine.

Do not know if there is a list of compatible or non-compatible games...almost anything that is bin/cue or iso SHOULD work...even multi-disk games can work.

The one and only game I know for a fact doesn't work on PCSXReARMed is Dragon Warrior 7 - because I'd love for that one TO work...and I know that it doesn't because I tried.

Not that I was surprised, that game is hard to make work even on epsxe.

Glad we all were able to help you out!

I just HATE having both items show up in my gamelist, hence my decision to not use the .cue files, and just use the .bin files.

If it's a fear of launching the wrong file of the two, you can launch a game by selecting either the .bin or .cue file - either will work.

If it's just a tidiness thing, I keep all my games in their own folders, so my initial gamelist that I see only has one copy of the name of each game - and all it takes to start one is a double-tap (first enters the folder, second launches the first file found), as you don't need to worry about which file gets launched within that folder.

It's a tidiness thing for me.

and since none of the games I actually have and play on PCSX have any audio CD music...it doesn't affect the games at all to not have the .cue file.

But it is interesting the way you set yours up so that only one file shows up.

A double-tap doesn't bother me near as much as a double-entry on the list does...I just hate the way that looks!

If there was any revision of PCSXReARMed in the future, I would ask that the gameslist actually not list .cue files at all - so that you could have them in the main rom folder as needed...but only the .bin would actually list.

For me, like I said, it is totally a tidiness issue.

Back