Need help with the Official Facebook Page?

soulanger

I noticed the official facebook page has been inactive ever since ED ended his daily videos. I also remembered that ED said that he wasnt that big of a fan of Facebook. I'm quite active at FB and I would love to help out. Back when the facebook page was out, it was my great source of fast information for the Pandora and obviously for a great number of people as well, so it would be awesome if it was kept alive.

We're an open source community after all, the more the community helps, the better the community and the product would be. Hence, I've already started being active in the PandoraWiki. Although before this, I was thinking of helping out in PandoraPress but it already looks like Gruso already has a great quite number of people volunteers already.

I know I'm just starting here, but I've been a lurker in pandorapress and the boards for a long time now. I've also started to post at the GP2x boards. I never posted because I felt it was awkward because I didnt have my Pandora back in the days. (I'll do my review soon tho) I also know that my english isnt that great, so I'm not sure if you'll accept my offer. :p

P.S: I think it would be great to have a User Review Forum, Noobie Question Forum, and Introduction forum in the boards. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to put whatever you want on there, but Christ I can't stand facebook.

I do sometimes wonder what will replace it though, the fact is whatever will replace it probably exists in someones head right now and he will be jotting the ideas down on paper not knowing what he is doing may change the world.

Have I been awake too long again?

Yes, you are welcome to help out.

I couldn't even get the last videos on there because somehow uploading just stopped to work for me there.

I think we should also setup an iCP facebook site..

I honor your Craig but there are still people like me who fancies it, hence even Pandora preorders. :) I also cant post anything there cause im not an admin. :p Helping your preorders keep track of informations is a great way to remind them that the project is still moving. Informing Pandora owners that new apps are released would be awesome as well, imo. :p

Edit: ninja'd ^^"

Yes, you are welcome to help out.

I couldn't even get the last videos on there because somehow uploading just stopped to work for me there.

I think we should also setup an iCP facebook site..
I'll post on the page's wall to tell you who I am there. :) The page is outdated, i didnt even remember seeing a post about the Premium Pandora there. ^^"

Last edited by a moderator:
how about a myspace site :p

(it funny how myspace and all its predecessors seem to be collectively wiped from 'our' memory, what so innovative about facebook anyway Ive never been on there but I get invited at least once a week)

....what so innovative about facebook anyway Ive never been on there but I get invited at least once a week)

Its kinda hard to explain. It's basically a simplified cross between twitter and a forum, you can post and your friends would comment on it. :p

....what so innovative about facebook anyway Ive never been on there but I get invited at least once a week)

Its kinda hard to explain. It's basically a simplified cross between twitter and a forum, you can post and your friends would comment on it. :p

Ah I use a forum for that where all my friends are on.

By the way a funny thing I noticed is that nowadays everybody just uses their own full name, there used to be (I'm talking 10,15 years ago) a kind of unwritten rule that you never reveal your real name, and definitely not in combination with your username. But apparently that's ethic is gone now.

( I still google regularly if bosbeetle is not connected to my real name anywhere, bosbeetle is still very unique, except this one young guy on Gay.nl :( )

Ah I use a forum for that where all my friends are on.

By the way a funny thing I noticed is that nowadays everybody just uses their own full name, there used to be (I'm talking 10,15 years ago) a kind of unwritten rule that you never reveal your real name, and definitely not in combination with your username. But apparently that's ethic is gone now.

( I still google regularly if bosbeetle is not connected to my real name anywhere, bosbeetle is still very unique, except this one young guy on Gay.nl :( )
Rofl, hilarious. xD If you find that fun, then you prolly understand when why facebook became a hit. The only difference is that, its userfriendly and universal thats why even non-techy people use it.

Agreed, the whole "first name" thing on the internet is a tad foolish.

What with google and whatever googles successor is in how it innovates, do you really want to be connected a post where you (for instance) ranted about how your pandora hasn't arrived, 5 years later when a prospective employer is hiring you?

Makes fraud comparitively easy as well.

@ED: Do you still plan on giving me access on the Facebook Page? Cause I have yet to receive a facebook request for it. ^^"

@ED: Do you still plan on giving me access on the Facebook Page? Cause I have yet to receive a facebook request for it. ^^"

Ah, mhm, okay, have to figure out how that works (I don't like Facebook as well, way too chaotic and cluttered with hidden features and useless stuff), but I'll check.

Back