Need Some Advice About Ds Flashcarts

TelcoLou said:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
I got the M3 it runs everything. GBA, NDS, and homebrew games.

I got M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD or the M3 Professional Lite MicroSD English. I dont remember. lol
Thanks again for you help ... but What does this bit mean:

"The M3 adapter is capable of running .NDS files (Passcard required)."

... seems like I need an extra thingamabob ...

I belive an r4 or m3 simply does that the best (passcard) or you can get one that only passes..

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to play just ds roms your best off going for a slot 1 (NDS cart) device, again im going to recommend the r4 here. gameyyeeeah.com have it for 23quid delivered or something equally silly, but i believe theres even cheaper prices lurking out there.

BUT slot one devices will not play gba games, so if this really is a must for you youll need a slot 2 (gba cart) device. all of these require either a flashed os or a passcard device in order to boot DS games from them. Some come in packages with a card, like the EZ flash you linked to earlier.

However if you do want to play gba content I would seriously recommend flashing your DS firmware. its stupidly easy and pretty much fool proof as the program has recovery methods built in, it takes about 5 minutes of work tops. Im happy to help you out with this over msn or something.

TelcoLou said:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
I got the M3 it runs everything. GBA, NDS, and homebrew games.

I got M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD or the M3 Professional Lite MicroSD English. I dont remember. lol
Thanks again for you help ... but What does this bit mean:

"The M3 adapter is capable of running .NDS files (Passcard required)."

... seems like I need an extra thingamabob ...

You need one of these to play DS games from a GBa flashcart.

http://sky2k.com/shop/nintendo-ds-pass-cards-c-21_36.html

loz_the_guru said:
However if you do want to play gba content I would seriously recommend flashing your DS firmware. its stupidly easy and pretty much fool proof as the program has recovery methods built in, it takes about 5 minutes of work tops. Im happy to help you out with this over msn or something.
I'm actually also interested in flashing my DS, maybe you could write a guide on here? If it's not too much trouble, I mean, if so, I don't mind doing it over msn.

And if you show me how to do it, I can send my super card over to telco to flash his, then he wouldn't need to buy one.

norm said:
anyone no the best place to buy in the uk?
i used www.supercardstore.com and click the uk flag, free postage and if you order one day you usually get it the next, nice guy who runs it too(offered to borrow me a passkey when he was sold out) i was confused as hell to when i looked into this, i ended up getting a supercard mini sd, 1gb mini sd card and a superpass key, in the uk you get everythin for just under 60 quid, but you have to then download the supercard software to patch your .nds files and also keep a check on the supercard site for software and firmware updates.

loz_the_guru said:
im happy to do either, however this guide might be of more use:

http://www.dspassme.com/FlashMe.shtml

its very very good, simple and straightforward with photos throughout and even a video of the whole process.

if you need any more help let me know.

So, does this mean that the main firmware is gone? So the alarm clock (which I use a lot) and stuff like Pictochat (not so much) is gone?

the new firmware is pretty much identical to the existing firmware, the main difference being itll load DS content from slot 2. Of course if youve got something like a supercard in the console itll bypass the default menu and boot straight to this. I dont have my original flashed ds anymore, but it definitely had pictochat and im 99.9999% sure its identical in terms of features.

the only problem can come from trying to play via wifi with another ds, but again im not sure whether this is a result of the modified firmware or the way my supercard used to modify roms before it would play them.

The EZ Flash bundle is a good solution but the compatibility isn't the greatest. The best solution would be a M3 Simply or R4DS and a M3 Lite Perfect. You wouldn't need a passkey for the Lite Perfect because the M3 Simply has the functionality built in. It is more pricier to go this way but the compatibility is better.

I saw a thing on the R4 website about it supporting Action Replay codes. Anyone have any experience with that? Is that functionality easy to use? Does it just use regular AR codes or do you have to convert them? Do you need to patch the roms to use it?

I'm liking the idea of this.

It doesn't do GBA, but it says it's "highly compatible" with DS games, so it looks alright.

And it's only 13 bucks!

The R4DS action replay function is easy to use, if there is a cheat code supported for that game then the R4DS will tell you and you can activate it or not. You can refer to the manual at http://r4ds.net/product.htm#a3

For the Ewin2 you will need a passkey so that will increase its cost by probably $10 or more. One of the cons to that also is if you ever want to try GBA programs then you will have to switch back and forth amongst flashcarts. It also sticks out if you have a DS Lite. Its price is pretty unbeatable though so if you don't mind some of the problems then its pretty good deal. :p

Jr2swiss said:
The R4DS action replay function is easy to use, if there is a cheat code supported for that game then the R4DS will tell you and you can activate it or not. You can refer to the manual at http://r4ds.net/product.htm#a3

For the Ewin2 you will need a passkey so that will increase its cost by probably $10 or more. One of the cons to that also is if you ever want to try GBA programs then you will have to switch back and forth amongst flashcarts. It also sticks out if you have a DS Lite. Its price is pretty unbeatable though so if you don't mind some of the problems then its pretty good deal. :p

I have a passkey and some micro SDs. And a supercard SD for my gba micro. But does it really stick out of the DS, even though it was designed for it?

Back