GP2X Nethack Troubles

jwh1977

Still Fresh
Hi there, I've tried both DZZs Nethack Port and the modified caduhack version and both seem to crash at random moments on my F200 rendering the game unplayable!

Has anyone ascended yet? I've got so hacked off with it - I've downloaded DZZs source code and been trying to compile - but I get lots of errors everytime!

Has anyone had any luck with this? If there a known fixed version? If not, any chance someone could contact me who knows how to get it to compile? I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty with the code and try to debug it.

Hope someone can help!

Cheers //Jamie

Im seriously impressed you've even got close to ascending. I've played nethack for perhaps half an hour, tops but the interface eventually got to me. I've tried it perhaps a dozen times and I never saw crash bugs.

I'm looking forward to trying it again on a different upcoming gaming console with a keyboard... :)

Hi! Yea it's such a great game! I've invested hundreds of hours in it and to have it crashing now is so frustrating. I'm playing a wizard and have the Bag of Holding, the Luck Stone and have completed Fort Ludios. I also have a pet black dragon :) (amongst many others!)

Hope someone can help me debug this code! First step is get it to compile then hopefully I can load my save and debug the problem if I can compile for debug on the PC.

Cheers all!

I've never had it crash but I've never gotten that far in nethack period much less on any gp2x. playing it on the f200 seems to have some problems. As with dzz's zoov game diagonals don't seem to work and this game also uses the "stick click" from the f100 and doesn't seem there is any other way to use it.

so though I like nethack I've avoided it on the f200 since it worked better on the f100 and have used powder (gba version) and a phone game dungeon dweller for my roguelike fix.

Here's a link to my save - if anyone else wants to see how far they get from it? I find nethack on the GP2X gets more unstable the further into the game you get.

my nethack save

Any feedback would be really appreciated :gp2x

Did you tried both ASCI and Graphical versions of Net-Hack? I also recommend to try underclock the GP2X for a bit ;)

jimbob jones said:
I also have a pet black dragon :)
I prefer be a Black Dragon (especialy female, because of "lay egg" ability). It is cool having Rings Of Polymorph and Polymorph Control :). Begining as a Wizard you have a chance to have both these rings at start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back