Nethack

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
could someone make some small adjustments so it works better on an f200. some stuff used stick click and diagonals don't work on an f200. I think someone messed with the code before to add some commands that were missing. probably should add that too.

I'm usually not into pc roguelikes or at least those with ascii characters and confusing controls but I like easy to get into roguelikes that have easy controls and at least tile based graphics. I had a lot of fun with this on my f100 would like to have the same fun with my f200.

quasist said:
Posting a link to souce code never harmed anyone
sorry quasist. thanks fishybawb for posting the link which i forgot to and the info about the modification that was done to it. doesn't make sense that source to the changes wouldn't be available. anyway they were fairly small and probably wouldn't require too much effort from an experienced coder.

i wish dzz didn't disappear. then reappear. then disappear again. he made some good stuff and spearheaded the demo competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also like alot nethack but i also found some problems in the corrent code in a F200:

1- search, with no stick click, searching is very hard... i would sugest pressing both the vol - and +
2- diagonal... running way is slow, we have to use the move option all the time
3- L click+ drop should enable the multi-drop... trying to sell things takes ages and spend turns
4- L click + remove armor should remove all armor
5- touch screen support would be great also
6- bones support... AFAIK right now there is no bones files created, so no bones
7-i have to confirm, but elbereth seems to not work, i manage to write it 3 times and in all the monsters didnt run away/dont attack, when they should have... is elbereth reallt compilled in?

i dont recall any more at the moment, if anyone have more bugs/features

thanks
higuita

I wish I had f200
I think NetHack deserves better touchscreen support
I think new GUI over ASCII graphics would be great: customable button panels that freely can be placed around gamescreen, minimap panel can also enchant the nethack :), more nice inventory management system (as a option) like in ADOM.
The midi music from "Falcon Eye"(it is a Nethack too) is would be cool too... damn!!! Inbuilt-mp3 player we need!!! I remember using mp3-s from Diablo :)

quasist said:
I wish I had f200
I think NetHack deserves better touchscreen support
I think new GUI over ASCII graphics would be great: customable button panels that freely can be placed around gamescreen, minimap panel can also enchant the nethack :), more nice inventory management system (as a option) like in ADOM.
The midi music from "Falcon Eye"(it is a Nethack too) is would be cool too... damn!!! Inbuilt-mp3 player we need!!! I remember using mp3-s from Diablo :)

*drools*

please take an f200 (also to play that awesome ultima VI porting with touchscreen)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there - I'm considering working on the F200 Nethack port! I've been learining C++ and have compiled my first few GP2X applications so I reckon I may be able to do something with it.

One problem however, I have Dzz's source for Nethack but I havn't managed to get it to compile yet :( Does anyone have the Caduhack source as it has more advanced features?

Also - The GP2X version seems to crash very often when your far in the game, so I need to do some debugging with it.

Anyone able to help?

:)

PS - I can post my save file if anyone is willing to do a test to see if it crashes often for them too?? Come on peeps!

//Jamie

Back