Slash'em (Nethack Variant) Please!

xy1331

Still Fresh
I love Nethack, which has been ported to the Wiz, but I love the Nethack variant Slash'em even more. I would (figuratively) kill to have it available for my newly purchased Wiz. Seems like it wouldn't necessarily be that difficult to port, especially since Nethack has already been. And Slash'em has been available for Linux in general for many years now.

There are also now versions of Slash'em for the Tapwave Zodiac and the Nintendo DS. Supposedly the Nintendo DS version (it's alpha and crashes often) was even based on the GP2X version of Nethack. So it all sounds like it's just waiting for someone to get it going on the Wiz.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer so I can't back up any ideas about how easy this sounds with any real info.

Who wants to make my year? Thanks!

I too would like to see more roguelike's on the Wiz.
ToME or Crawl would be super fun, but I'm not sure if the Wiz could handle a game like Crawl.

Also yeah, Slash 'Em would be nice too. :D

I spent a large amount of time attempting to get the DOS version of Slash'Em running in DosBox on the Wiz. While on the PC it booted up when I configured it for the minimum requirements. On the Wiz I just couldn't find a configuration that worked. It may be something about the resolution.

are the only roguelikes for now powder and nethack or am I missing some?

Deevoh said:
I'm pretty sure those are the only two on the Wiz right now.

Unless you count all the variants that run under emulation such as on the Amiga, Atari ST and C64.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back