Port Request : Nethack

Excellent port (apart from a couple of freezes)
Has anybody else noticed the time & date after you've finished playing and gone back to the Wiz menu?
It was the 2nd of May 1934 last night???

Neil L said:
Has anybody else noticed the time & date after you've finished playing and gone back to the Wiz menu?

Indeed. :blink: 1936/11/26 here.

... Pickle is so awesome that he created a time portal when porting Nethack ! D:

More seriously, the date comes back to normal when you reboot the Wiz, so it's not that big a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terraforme said:
Neil L said:

Indeed. :blink: 1936/11/26 here.

... Pickle is so awesome that he created a time portal when porting Nethack ! D:

More seriously, the date comes back to normal when you reboot the Wiz, so it's not that big a deal.

Yeah its cause im using the RTC, I will be switching to a hw clock on the wiz and that should go away.

Oh pickle, what are we going to do with you? Tearing holes in space, teleporting code through time, all for nethack? Shame on you. =P

Awesome release =D

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Oh pickle, what are we going to do with you? Tearing holes in space, teleporting code through time, all for nethack? Shame on you. =P

Awesome release =D

b1ueskycomp1ex has not appeased Pickle
Pickle opens a vortex
b1ueskycomp1ex is being twistedin by the vortex
Pickle opens a black hole
b1ueskycomp1ex is being sucked in by the black hole
Pickle opens a tear in space time
b1ueskycomp1ex is aging faster by the space time tear
b1ueskycomp1ex is hit in the head by a rock
b1ueskycomp1ex has died

Pickle said:
Just put up an version with correct timing functions, someone confirm the date doesnt change now
pickle.gp2x.de/nethack-wiz.zip

Yay. Now I can play Nethack AND stay in 2009 at the same time ! :D

I was so hoping that someone was going to come up with a story that they were playing Nethack and some Barbarian came up to them and said "MCFLY!" then got hit by a Cart 'o' Manure +4 :)

Terraforme said:
I just realised something, the Rest function does not seem to work. Anyone can confirm this ?

Yes, you're right neither SEARCH (STICK) or REST (L+STICK) seem to be working (on the DO menu), this is probably due to the Wiz not having a stick-click button.
Cheers, Neil

I confirm. Search and Rest do not work. Got me confused when I first played this game.

Back