Network Manager Disappeared

jonlad1

Hey guys I don't know what I've done but the network manager icon has disappeared from the taskbar and I don't know how to get it back.

Any ideas?
Cheers!

jonlad1 said:
Hey guys I don't know what I've done but the network manager icon has disappeared from the taskbar and I don't know how to get it back.

Any ideas?
Cheers!

You probably disabled the panel widget. Try right-clicking the panel and choosing "Add to Panel" or some option that sounds like it, then look for the one that has to do with Wireless. Sorry for such vague instructions, but my Pandora is not near me, so I'm going off of memory. <.<

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
thats ok, i tried adding to panel and stuff like, couldnt find anything relating to network manager.

anywho, i scoured the net and found "sudo nm-applet" and it worked, yay!

EDIT: GAH!! its not saving when I restart! Anymore ideas people?

jonlad1 said:
thats ok, i tried adding to panel and stuff like, couldnt find anything relating to network manager.

Have you tried checking Settings>>Sessions and Startup, and under the Autostart Applications tab checking to see if Network Manager is enabled?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
jonlad1 said:

Have you tried checking Settings>>Sessions and Startup, and under the Autostart Applications tab checking to see if Network Manager is enabled?

-God Ginrai

Yep, just found a post by Mindlord suggesting the same - it wasnt ticked on mine for some reason. Its working now.

Cheers :)

I've had the menus and network manager disappear if the system runs out of memory. It should come back with a reboot though.

Back